USA Standard Gear

-

Bronze Barracuda

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with USA Standard Gear?
I've been waiting for Dr. Diff to get a new supply of axle shafts for a bodies 8 3/4 BBP conversion shafts.
Found these at RockAuto (USA Standard Gear #USA21041)
The description states the axle lengths are 28" but other info that I've found states that the correct
a body axle length is 27 11/16. would a 5/16 difference need to be cut off?
Link to website;

1968 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA 5.6L 340cid V8 Axle Shaft | RockAuto

Remember, no a body came with an 8-3/4 and BBP brakes. The 27-11/16 length is for small bolt pattern 10x2 brakes. With the large bolt pattern 10x2.5 you want axles 28" long.

Sorry if this is the wrong section but at the time of posting we all seemed to be in the same boat. Looks like Dr.Diff just raised the prices on his 8.75 mopar a body axle shafts... only by $3 which with all the supply chain issues I would say doesn't even matter but the point is maybe this means a restock coming soon? I'll try not to get too excited but hopeful

Sorry if this is the wrong section but at the time of posting we all seemed to be in the same boat. Looks like Dr.Diff just raised the prices on his 8.75 mopar a body axle shafts... only by $3 which with all the supply chain issues I would say doesn't even matter but the point is maybe this means a restock coming soon? I'll try not to get too excited but hopeful
I sent Cass an email earlier in the week.
The reply was,

"The freight company has been dragging their feet, but the axles should be back in stock by the end of the week".

So yes I think the price change is very good news!

-
Back