Usable Headers/Exhaust manifolds

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I am in the process of collecting all of my parts for my Gen III Hemi swap. I have an 06 5.7 from a Magnum R/T. I also have the exhaust manifolds with the down pipes from the car. Are these usable in an A-Body?
I can get a deal on a set of headers from an 04 Ram 1500 also if they would work. I know that the SRT Jeep manifolds would work, but are there any other headers/manifolds that will work?

Factory k member
5.7 LX car manifolds 03-08 years do not fit without modifying the frame rail. Gdemon runs these I believe.
5.7 LX car manifolds 09-current (eagle head) - don't fit on an a body (steering box interference). Also, they occupy the same space as the clutch linkage on a b body.
6.1 LX car manifolds do not fit
6.1 SRT8 jeep manifolds do not fit (steering box)
5.7 truck manifolds 03-08- one side should work, other side is aimed at the firewall
5.7 truck manifolds 09-current (eagle head). Probably similar to above, don't know.
5.7 jeep manifolds 03-08 - WORK with manual steering a body
5.7 jeep manifolds 09-current - dont know. I don't know if anyone has tried.
Aftermarket headers designed for anything other than an a body- plan on cutting and welding tubes.

Alterktion will open up your options a good bit. Jeep srt8 headers with a couple mods, etc. I'll let an alter k tion owners weigh in.

Thanks Uhcoog1, that is a great list.
I should have mentioned that I have the complete HemiDenny K-Frame set up now. He does mock up with Jeep 5.7L manifolds and everything clears. I was just curious about anything else that my be close on a factory A-Body. I don't want to modify the frame or firewall, but the steering is out of the way on mine.
Thanks again for that list.

-
Back