used 800cfm edelbrock fair price

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
I have one and was wondering what to charge a former co worker that wants it.
it probably needs rebuild but was only run for 40 hours, has been in my backroom (A/C) for nearly a decade
should i rebuild it first before reselling?

Rebuild it and be held accountable for every single hiccup it has in the next five years?

No thanks
Sell it to him as is for 200 bucks and after a 45 dollar rebuild kit he's got a brand new one at half price

$200 is very fair and just because it sat, doesn’t mean it needs a rebuild. If it was indoors, it’ll be fine. Out door storage, maybe gaskets.

AFB or AVS model?

It took a long time to sell my practically brand new 800 AFB for $200. Tons of low ballers and insulters that like to cry a river of woe and hurtle insinuations about the carbs quality & worth.

Retorque the baseplate screw before running it or they could back out and go thru the engine.

Ask me how I know ?

Retorque the baseplate screw before running it or they could back out and go thru the engine.

Ask me how I know ?
Edelbrock carbs have a base plate screw?
Pictures please!

Ha.. true ! Holleys have them. Brain fart... it was PTDS from the breakin of that motor...lol
I still have flashbacks and night sweats !

I sure wish I knew you had that.

Fair is partly how you feel about it.
If you really don't want to sell it, you ask more, enough more you don't feel bad about selling it.
If you just want to unload it 'cause you're never going to use it, or offer it in the marketplace long enough to get the high end of the price range, charge less.

I have one and was wondering what to charge a former co worker that wants it.
it probably needs rebuild but was only run for 40 hours, has been in my backroom (A/C) for nearly a decade
should i rebuild it first before reselling?
no sell it to him for cheap and let him do the work. make your cash instead. like you said, it's been sitting and not making your pocket jingle for a decade unless you are one of those types that will restore it one day but that day never comes. personally in my mind, i slap those dreamers and wish them a speedy death so their wives or clueless children need to clean out the junk and i get to see it on the road again for cheap or at least a fair price so everyone can smile again and something lives.

-
Back