User: DaveBonds

-

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
I really didn't wanna have to do this, but about 8 months ago I contacted him for some custom turbo manifolds for a dodge 318.
Just the driver and passenger setup no cross piping or anything.
I paypal him the $400.

Remind you that I'm a full time college student with also a full time job as well living on my own, so the $400 was a bit at one time, but I made it happen.

After several times to contact him, getting ahold of him, he keeps on making excuses as well as never sending me pics of the so said work done to them.

I have 99% of the turbo stuff in hand, Sept my manifolds..
I'll never do business with the man again, and I'm warning other members as well not to. If anyone needs more proof I have screenshots of call logs as well as emails and texts from my phone.

I just want my manifolds.. so this headache can be done with...

This will get more visibility in the General section.

Dave is a stand-up guy and I would trust him 100%

Must be an issue or personal stuff going on, I am sure Dave will make things right.

I believe Dave was doing some renos on a recent house purchase, so he has possibly been very busy. But if its like you say and 8 months...that is a little excessive. Waiting to hear the other side as well.

8 months is a long time to wait to complain and get things fixed, I thought Pay pal had a time frame to complain in

You only have 45 days to file a Pay Pal Dispute.I will reserve judgement until we hear more of the story but I would never wait 8 months for ANYTHING.....the old saying is if you snooze you lose. On the other hand unless you are seriously ill in the Hospital there are NO excuses for not coming through with the parts that were paid for in a reasonable amount of time.

I literally texted him 4 months ago and he said they just needed finishing up welds.. never a response.. I have much more proof of texts as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-07-19-48-07.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 300
Maybe I missed something but have you p.m.'d him lately? Dave has always been a respectable member here.

I hope Mr. Bonds chimes in before this turns into the typical tar & feather, chest thumping joke that these threads often turn into.

Steve,
I need your email address to complete the refund, to your paypal account.

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get these completed for you, but to be fair, I asked you multiple times for dimensions regarding critical measurements from the turbocharger you have in your possession and got static from you, every time. I went ahead as far as I could after some time, without the dimensions from your unit and based what I could off of standard dimensions given online without anything to work with.

As of right now, the header on the driver's side is tig welded and completed, the crossover is tac welded and the passenger side is tig welded, sans the turbocharger mount, because I don't want to ship something that will not fit with the turbo application in your Dart.

I just finished moving my house as of the 2nd, as I had spoken to you about, I work two jobs and as of this week, I'm owed over $2050 between my ex landlord on damage deposit to be returned that he is stalling on and from my ex boss on work completed on his Barracuda.

I've filed contempt twice this week over harassment and threats regarding child custody with an alcoholic ex of Amy's and paid $95 to have him served. Believe me when I say that I can understand what financial frustration is, coming from any angle and I agree, 8 months of this is not something that I am interested in dragging out any longer, for any reason.

The $300.00 that you paid me of the $600.00 we agreed on for the entire system, not including shipping, when completed, was spent like this;

Summit Racing;

SUM-670196 Sprint Style Header Weld-Up Kit $79.97
PTE-H7243 Collector Reducers $20.97
SUM-622003 U-Bend 2 1/2" 5" - 12" 12" x2 $43.94
SUM-G4761 Weld On Collector Rings 3" $6.97
Shipping totals; $28.87

eBay;

Item# 390799243236
T4 GT4094R GT45 Divided Turbo Inlet FLANGE T304 Stainless Steel 1/2" Thick $11.99

Consumables;

General Air Service & Supply
105 Zuni St, Denver, CO 80204
http://www.generalair.com

125cf 100% Argon $42.95
3/32" ER70-S-3 Carbon Steel TIG Welding Rod, 10lb $34.95
Sales tax (7.62%) $5.93

Speedway Motors;

Part # 41811127 Small Block Mopar 273-360 Header Flanges $24.95
Shipping total $13.35

Ace Hardware;
Black oxide coated stove bolts and nuts for header collectors $10.83 w/ tax

I'll leave out the prices for the measuring calipers, neodymium magnets, internal ceramic coating spray wand, tungsten rods for the welder, clamps and other tools that I purchased for the job that can end up being used on other projects.

The above listed $325.67 shows that I made exactly $-25.67 for my efforts, that is, up until now, which puts me exactly $-325.67 and a pair of headers and crossover tube that I've got no use for.

I would have rather done this via PM or better yet, over the phone. I understand that you'd rather have the cash at this point, but this seems a bit unnecessary. If I had refused something to you, I could understand the public reaction, but I did offer you a refund, if you recall, the last time that I spoke with you over the phone that you rejected. I have called you quite a few times more than you have contacted me. Most of the times that I have called, the phone rang and never went to any answering service, or your number was disconnected or temporarily out of service.

I'm sorry that we couldn't get this to work out for you.

Please respond with your email address so I can issue a refund.

Dave

Its getting obnoxious. I've got more important **** to deal with right now and if I can't manage to get dimensions or what's owed on the rest of this, I'm calling this flat lined.

Paypal will not give me Steve's email address, even though I have a record showing a payment made of $300.00 made by Steven Swanson on March 21st.

All I need to do is get an email address and we're done, here.

so sad this has to be aired in public--- to me the communication factor is not where it is needed-- critical info is missing & life has happened to both parties.
8 months is a bit of time -- but this does not sound like off the shelf stuff & is being done long distance-- so that does not sound unreasonable--

Lawrence

How about providing the dimensions needed so Dave can get them finished up and sent out? That would seem to solve the problem! Dave gets paid, the OP gets the parts needed, and both can get back to life as we know it!!

At least its refreshing to see both sides communicating now, unlike the other train wreck threads we've had lately!! Thanks to Dave for responding, it shows a lot of integrity to step into a "bad member" thread and put yourself out on a plate!!

What say gents?? Get together on this and get it done!!!

How about providing the dimensions needed so Dave can get them finished up and sent out? That would seem to solve the problem! Dave gets paid, the OP gets the parts needed, and both can get back to life as we know it!!

At least its refreshing to see both sides communicating now, unlike the other train wreck threads we've had lately!! Thanks to Dave for responding, it shows a lot of integrity to step into a "bad member" thread and put yourself out on a plate!!

Well said Geof. I knew Dave was into some serious renos on the house and from reading his threads, he doesn't sound like the type of person that could be interpreted with this thread.

That's what I was thinking as I was catching up on the latest posts in this thread.

Why not give him the required dimensions so he can finish them for you - it will get your project closer to running than a refund....

And he's already started working on it for you, it would be a shame for him to just scrap the progress that he's already made.

It would be nice to see you two work this out and not become a bash fest. :angel12:

-
Back