User Moparofficial not responding..

-

TF360

Reaction score
So I purchased a NOS Valve Cover from user Moparofficial. The AD said the chrome cover was for a Slant 6. Being that we are on a A-bodies web site. I figured the cover would fit my Duster. Right after I sent the money to him, I found out it was correct for a 80's Slant 6. I would have never paid the amount I did if I knew this, and Moparofficial did not reveal it in the AD. I notified him quickly, and he refuses to respond to Phone and text messages even though he gave me his number prior to the sale telling me to call if I had any problems. He is also ignoring messages I sent on this site. What would you do??

I'm sure Justin will make it good. He's a busy man and only stops in here every once in awhile.

I would give him a few days, he’s been on this forum for some time and seems to be a trustworthy person.
Hopefully he’s ok , may be a family or other personal matter keeping him from responding.

When I saw it I could tell it was a later slant six cover, they changed the head around 1980 I believe. I was interested in it also until I took a good look at the picture. I am sure he will make it right...

1982 was first year for the hydraulic head. Justin is a good guy. I know he was dealing with some personal stuff last time we spoke. Give him a little time and space. I'm sure he'll resolve it for you.

Not trying to start a fuss.....but its NEVER the sellers responsibilty to know what the buyer intends to use the part for/on IMO.

Hopefully this gets resolved amicably tho.

I've been on the flipside of this with Moparofficial, he wanted a full refund due to a defect I was completely unaware of. Bolted on and work fine for me, but didn't fit his criteria so it got sent back to me. Hopefully he makes good on this like I had to do with him.

When you see the ads on here that state do your homework before bidding this is why. He did not falsely advertise it and there was not any unreported defect. And you did not intend to buy the wrong part. It's an unfortunate circumstance but it happens.

When your a seasoned Mopar guy, and know the details but do not include them or let people know. That's deceptive. We are all here with knowledge in the hobby encouraging each other not cheating each other.

That's deceptive.
adjective

1. giving an appearance or impression different from the true one; misleading.

Did he advertise that his part would fit your car?
    It’s the buyer’s duty to check fitment. I think most of us would accommodate you with your mistake and do a return but I wouldn’t call it an obligation.

Will the valve cover he was selling not physically bolt onto the slant six head in your car? I don't know a lot about them, but I would think an NOS chrome Direct Connection valve cover would bolt onto any slant 6 of the 70-ish era.

Somebody explain to me as to why the buyer, instead of making a stink about a mistake, just relist the part for sale and represent it correctly?

Somebody explain to me as to why the buyer, instead of making a stink about a mistake, just relist the part for sale and represent it correctly?
Crapped if I know. I wouldn't think the seller is on the hook myself. There was no deception. It seems the buyer didn't even ask if the valve cover fit his engine, he just bought it. It's not the seller's responsibility to know whether or not something he's selling will fit what the buyer has. You make a great point.

Last edited:
Will the valve cover he was selling not physically bolt onto the slant six head in your car? I don't know a lot about them, but I would think an NOS chrome Direct Connection valve cover would bolt onto any slant 6 of the 70-ish era.
If the valve cover he has is for a hydraulic lifter engine and he has a solid lifter engine, then no, it won't work for him. In all these years I've never, ever seen a Mopar Performance Chrome valve cover for the hydraulic lifter slant 6. I wasn't even aware they ever made one.

So not that it matters to me, I found the sale ad. The seller clearly shows the original Mopar Performance part number label on the original box. I see no fault on the sellers part. The buyer is responsible to know what he is buying.
All that being said, if I was the seller, I would probably refund the buyers money if he ships it back. But I would not pay the buyer's shipping cost to send the part back.

So not that it matters to me, I found the sale ad. The seller clearly shows the original Mopar Performance part number label on the original box. I see no fault on the sellers part. The buyer is responsible to know what he is buying.
All that being said, if I was the seller, I would probably refund the buyers money if he ships it back. But I would not pay the buyer's shipping cost to send the part back.
And there you have it. No deception whatsoever. This thread is worthless.

-
Back