User Moparofficial not responding..

-
Well.....it did give me a "Wait? What?" moment and made me get off my butt and go out and see if mine will work! And it does.....one hernia later! I forgot how heavy a /6 head is! :BangHead:

Example:

For sale: BBJ UCA's. Yup, that's right. Big ball joint upper control arms. Nice ones!. Blasted, painted, new bushings and all.

You may want to ask me what body they fit.

Yeah it was Father's Day weekend so I was out of town. My friend works for FedEx and I gave it to ship, express, but I did put a hold on it when I saw the header text... but I couldn't respond, I was driving through the grapevine...and decided I would get back to it after the holiday.

I advertised it with pictures , I did not put a year specific. I did put the part number and as everybody has said... if you can't do the homework and you're just buying **** on impulse .. that's the gamble ya take. I can work with this person no problem...though , too bad he already gave me a bad review and started a thread on here. Yes I did buy an intake once, from Dion , and he was a good sport about ....with that said...his expertise or experience in mock up or examining parts he uses maybe isnt as tight a std or educated as mine is being a builder. It's no knock , I'm just saying that he didn't know that the ports were all miscast so they were all shifted too low. I couldn't even make it work, or i would have. If the motor he used it on wasnt all that, i can see why. The thing about that ad there was no pictures showing that part of the intake. I'm showing it in the ad. ...still I guess I could have asked for more picks. I know one thing is I did not start a thread and start tossing bad reviews at him, I was patient I asked I explained the situation and that I could not fix it in no way and it was absolutely unusable and I would not try and sell it to anybody else knowing it was unusable... 'not an application issue' but a production flaw.

This is stupid.

Example:

For sale: BBJ UCA's. Yup, that's right. Big ball joint upper control arms. Nice ones!. Blasted, painted, new bushings and all.

You may want to ask me what body they fit.
Exactly.
Like.... 8 3/4 sure grip 3.91 3rd member for sale.....

Ask me what spline now.
What case
What yolk

Yeah it was Father's Day weekend so I was out of town. My friend works for FedEx and I gave it to ship, express, but I did put a hold on it when I saw the header text... but I couldn't respond, I was driving through the grapevine...and decided I would get back to it after the holiday.

I advertised it with pictures , I did not put a year specific. I did put the part number and as everybody has said... if you can't do the homework and you're just buying **** on impulse .. that's the gamble ya take. I can work with this person no problem...though , too bad he already gave me a bad review and started a thread on here. Yes I did buy an intake once, from Dion , and he was a good sport about ....with that said...his expertise or experience in mock up or examining parts he uses maybe isnt as tight a std or educated as mine is being a builder. It's no knock , I'm just saying that he didn't know that the ports were all miscast so they were all shifted too low. I couldn't even make it work, or i would have. If the motor he used it on wasnt all that, i can see why. The thing about that ad there was no pictures showing that part of the intake. I'm showing it in the ad. ...still I guess I could have asked for more picks. I know one thing is I did not start a thread and start tossing bad reviews at him, I was patient I asked I explained the situation and that I could not fix it in no way and it was absolutely unusable and I would not try and sell it to anybody else knowing it was unusable... 'not an application issue' but a production flaw.

This is stupid.
Pretty shitty of him to leave you negative feedback. That's all I can say.

This is stupid.
We got your back brother, people here that know you, know what you are about.

IMG_7383.gif

I thought we talking about a valve cover not an intake by a different seller...
That intake I could actually use.
But ain't looking right now because I have more important irons in the fire right now.

I thought we talking about a valve cover not an intake by a different seller...

This thread is about a valve cover. The intake comment was only to show that I did indeed include a photo that showed the ports.

...and before somebody gets smart and asks why "I" commented on this thread, it's because I know Justin, I've dealt with him before, I've talked on the phone with a lot and I can vouch for his character.

the guy bought a part with the part number listed in the ad. It does not fit because the buyer did not cross reference the listed part number to see what years it fit. Now all of us know the first questions we ask ourselves when buying parts is..."Will this part number fit the year of car I have?" I would just take ownership of the fact I bought the wrong part and re list it. If Mopar official is cool with it he could offer a refund for the part but I wouldn't pay return shipping unless I was in error on my listing. This is a very simple but unfortunate problem.

I think the only thing to learn from this thread is communication, communication, communication. Had the seller spent 30 seconds to respond to the buyer when he saw the "header" and put a hold on the shipment, I don't think we would have a thread to comment on.

I can't imagine what the response would have been had I been on vacation 2 weeks after I sold that intake and all the sudden Justin wanted a refund. I know how it went when I didn't have the money right away and wasn't sure how it was my fault so it gives me an idea though.

The other thing is, even if the burden of research and education is on the buyer, posting ALL of the pertinent info as the seller means you have less of a chance that the buyer can come back and stir up a mess like this. Even more so as a trusted member of the community as the buyer might think "he would have list that info if it was important, right?" and buy it trusting the guy.

Then why the **** did you comment?
Because the fact that I have had to ignore the guy (don't know that I'm the only one that has this on the guy, or not) judging by how he responds to me being in such a way to make me take that action, makes me less interested in/ less willing to take a chance on making a deal with him on some part he might be selling?
How many people here would buy from someone who they're ignoring their day to day action on the forums? I definitely don't know how he may be with anyone else here on the forum, definitely can't speak to that. As people who have previously dealt with him can say about THEIR dealings(only) with him, I simply thought that putting out there "how he is with/towards me" just MIGHT have some bearing on things. That's all.

Because the fact that I have had to ignore the guy (don't know that I'm the only one that has this on the guy, or not) judging by how he responds to me being in such a way to make me take that action, makes me less interested in/ less willing to take a chance on making a deal with him on some part he might be selling?
How many people here would buy from someone who they're ignoring their day to day action on the forums? I definitely don't know how he may be with anyone else here on the forum, definitely can't speak to that. As people who have previously dealt with him can say about THEIR dealings(only) with him, I simply thought that putting out there "how he is with/towards me" just MIGHT have some bearing on things. That's all.
That has ZERO to do with what's being discussed here. Not one thing.

The one point the buyer does make that makes a lot of sense is we are on an A bodies site. That valve cover is not for an A body unless you've transplanted an 80s slant into your A body. Personally, I think the seller should notify the buyers in the for sale ad that the part is not an A body part.

Now I can easily see this mistake being made. I've owned a slant six car for over 20 years and I had no idea that the hydraulic slants had a different valve cover. I googled the part number and found a guy on the slant six forum saying it bolted right to his 75 A body and found one of the old for sale ads on this site where the guy states in bold that it is for the later 80s slants.

@71 swinger 225 was posting wanted ads a couple years back for this valve cover. Maybe he could use it?

With todays shipping cost you better be dog gone sure the product for sale is the product you need. It’s easy enough to ask for more pictures or part numbers. We all mess up buying something that we jump on when we see something we think we need. (I know I have) I suggest the buyer realist it for sale and use it as what is probably a rather cheap learning experience good luck.

That has ZERO to do with what's being discussed here. Not one thing.
Sure it does. Someone bought a part from someone here that they weren't happy with. Reasons beside, or seller advertising what it was (or wasn't) buyer homework (or not), how I see a member here on a day to day basis pays a big part as to whether I'd buy from them, something that whether you're conscious of it or not, I'm sure it does for you as well.

My experience with anyone else here might be different from yours. Great.
But I took the OP as wondering what kind of person this was, that he decided to buy from. All I can do is add my experience with the seller, which is what it is.
But I agree that the seller had no control over what the buyer was wanting to put it on. Maybe the buyer didn't know that he had a different head on his motor than he thought. I dunno.
But I don't care what it is, how much of a smoking deal it might be, if a potential seller and I can't interact well in, say, a how to post/or a part recommendation post, then I'm not gonna have a warm and fuzzy feeling trying to buy something from them. Just talking general terms here.

Last edited:
All I can do is add my experience with the seller, which is what it is.
unless your experience is buying or selling with the person then i don't see how that has any concern with the situation. sure, you don't like the guy's disposition or personality but that doesn't mean he lacks integrity.

-
Back