User Moparofficial not responding..

-
So, some here are missing the big picture. He communicated with me with no problem back and forth for a couple days. Then after I sent the money, he cut off communication. No text response or answered phone calls for a few days. No response on this site either. Does anyone believe he didn't have access to communication for 3 days? Not really! And the part is not worth what I paid if it does not fit a 60's-70's Slant.

So, some here are missing the big picture. He communicated with me with no problem back and forth for a couple days. Then after I sent the money, he cut off communication. No text response or answered phone calls for a few days. No response on this site either. Does anyone believe he didn't have access to communication for 3 days? Not really! And the part is not worth what I paid if it does not fit a 60's-70's Slant.
That's because LIKE I ORIGINALLY TOLD YOU he had personal issues. He was OUT OF TOWN visiting his father. You're just wrong on this. Now I have one more on my list to avoid buying from, selling to or helping with anything. Ever.

question: in your initial communication did you explicitly ask what slant models it fit? did he expressly say that it fit a specific model?

the guy bought a part with the part number listed in the ad. It does not fit because the buyer did not cross reference the listed part number to see what years it fit. Now all of us know the first questions we ask ourselves when buying parts is..."Will this part number fit the year of car I have?" I would just take ownership of the fact I bought the wrong part and re list it. If Mopar official is cool with it he could offer a refund for the part but I wouldn't pay return shipping unless I was in error on my listing. This is a very simple but unfortunate problem.
Yeah and I was FIXIN to try to strike a deal with dude to buy the valve cover from him, because I might actually have a use for it......but I be DAMNED now after all his comments here. He can keep it till the chrome rots off.

Yeah and I was FIXIN to try to strike a deal with dude to buy the valve cover from him, because I might actually have a use for it......but I be DAMNED now after all his comments here. He can keep it till the chrome rots off.

I got the impression the seller pushed pause on shipping it.

Yeah it was Father's Day weekend so I was out of town. My friend works for FedEx and I gave it to ship, express, but I did put a hold on it when I saw the header text... but I couldn't respond, I was driving through the grapevine...and decided I would get back to it after the holiday.

I advertised it with pictures , I did not put a year specific. I did put the part number and as everybody has said... if you can't do the homework and you're just buying **** on impulse .. that's the gamble ya take. I can work with this person no problem...though , too bad he already gave me a bad review and started a thread on here. Yes I did buy an intake once, from Dion , and he was a good sport about ....with that said...his expertise or experience in mock up or examining parts he uses maybe isnt as tight a std or educated as mine is being a builder. It's no knock , I'm just saying that he didn't know that the ports were all miscast so they were all shifted too low. I couldn't even make it work, or i would have. If the motor he used it on wasnt all that, i can see why. The thing about that ad there was no pictures showing that part of the intake. I'm showing it in the ad. ...still I guess I could have asked for more picks. I know one thing is I did not start a thread and start tossing bad reviews at him, I was patient I asked I explained the situation and that I could not fix it in no way and it was absolutely unusable and I would not try and sell it to anybody else knowing it was unusable... 'not an application issue' but a production flaw.

This is stupid.

So looks like you can make a deal with the seller now.

I gotta add, if he had a chance to reach out his friend to put a hold on the shipping, sure seems like he could have said something to the buyer as well. And then we would've probably all still been friends. Isn't 20/20 hindsight wonderful?

Ok Rusty, that bothers me a lot...:rofl:

Oh no, the crazy manic internet tough guy that yells a lot isn't going to converse with you anymore. What a loss lol

question: in your initial communication did you explicitly ask what slant models it fit? did he expressly say that it fit a specific model?

He does have a bit of a point though. This is forabodiesonly.com and that valve cover is not for an A body and wasn't listed as such. I get both sides. I don't think either guy is being an *** here but he's technically selling a valve cover for an 80s truck or Diplomat or whatever on an A bodies site without stating that the part isn't for an A body. I don't think the guy is out of line for not asking if a part sold on forabodiesonly is for an A body.

He does have a bit of a point though. This is forabodiesonly.com and that valve cover is not for an A body and wasn't listed as such. I get both sides. I don't think either guy is being an *** here but he's technically selling a valve cover for an 80s truck or Diplomat or whatever on an A bodies site without stating that the part isn't for an A body. I don't think the guy is out of line for not asking if a part sold on forabodiesonly is for an A body.
That is a very valid point!

Oh no, the crazy manic internet tough guy that yells a lot isn't going to converse with you anymore. What a loss lol

you make a very valid point (on both matters). however, i guess i'm the type of person that if i'm spending that kinda money i'm gonna verify myself before pulling the trigger.

i think the bigger lesson we've all learned here is how to approach ads both as a buyer and as a seller. and, to a lesser but equally important degree, who not to do business with.

I don't yell. I do use caps to make a point sometimes. I'm no tough guy either.

you make a very valid point (on both matters). however, i guess i'm the type of person that if i'm spending that kinda money i'm gonna verify myself before pulling the trigger.

i think the bigger lesson we've all learned here is how to approach ads both as a buyer and as a seller. and, to a lesser but equally important degree, who not to do business with.
Obviously we all have differing opinions. That's fine. That's what makes the world go round. I have a few car parts and model train things to sell. I think now though, I'm just gonna make a run to the dump. lol

I got the impression the seller pushed pause on shipping it.

So looks like you can make a deal with the seller now.

I gotta add, if he had a chance to reach out his friend to put a hold on the shipping, sure seems like he could have said something to the buyer as well. And then we would've probably all still been friends. Isn't 20/20 hindsight wonderful?
Yes, it was not shipped yet when I contacted him. Those are his words

IMG_1895.gif

I have no idea what you paid but to "some" a part that fits the newer /6 is worth more than one that fits the older ones because they are harder to get.
Now is your motor all stock as from the factory? Could somebody have swapped heads before you?
And I hate to defend this guy after all the problems we have had with each other back n forth on the site in the past/ but rusty does bring up a good point if it's true. I too am having problems with my mom being in bad health right now, as well and going to see her at the nursing home (in hospice status) and having to go up and deal with stuff at her house that I normally don't have to, is cutting into my time to do other things id like to be doing. So maybe there is something to that, too.

Obviously we all have differing opinions. That's fine. That's what makes the world go round. I have a few car parts and model train things to sell. I think now though, I'm just gonna make a run to the dump. lol
Yeah I know the feeling and it has nothing to do with anyone here.

Yeah I know the feeling and it has nothing to do with anyone here.
I want to come back to this and apologize for how I said some things. I consider myself a Christian and I was not a very good representative for Christ here. I'm sorry. My opinion is still the same, but my delivery was flawed. I fail Him daily and I ask for forgiveness from Him and I'm asking it from yall.

-
Back