using 73 charger front brakes on a 66 cuda? help?

-
Reaction score
Ok I have a 66 baracuda for sale, but I am getting no interest, so it is time to do some work to it.

The cuda has drum brakes up front and I want disk.
I also have a 73 charger that I am parting out, I am curious if it is at all possible to put the front disk brakes from the 73 charger to the 66 cuda??? Maybe changing the controll arms??? the whole entire k member???

I know this is a long shot but I am just checking to see If anyone has any knowledge if there is any chance of anything working?

If not, does anyone know what I should do to get disk brakes up front????
I am not looking to spend a whole lot of money(say for a new willwood kit or something).

If someone has some used brakes they are ready to sell let me know.

thanks in advance for your knowledge on this subject.

have you ck the width of the upper a arms from bushing to bushing . i heard it works on a bit newer ones say 68 thu the 70's not sure on 66 an earlyer ... best thing to do pull one side off an try it its just a few bolts

I think this question gets asked at least once a week. The answer never changes but evidently people don't know how to look at older posts?

Yes, they bolt right on once you change the upper control arm. Trash the B body calipers and use some A body calipers and you should be fine.

I did look some, I should have looked better i guess.:eek:ops:
thank you for your response anyway.

I haven't started to work on it yet, one more question though, why should i trash the b body calipers? they won't fit?

Ok i measured the uca, the one on the 73 charger is at least 1" wider than the 66 cuda.
And reading the older posts, I am now confused.

You want to use control arms off a 73 up A body as they have a larger ball joint...I bought a set and then decided to get tubular ones from Just Suspension....they work great...

-
Back