USPS messing it up...

-

crackedback

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As most of you know I sell relay kits. I have used US Postal for deliveries to US and Canada for the better parts of 5 years. Solid service and haven't lost or damaged a single package that I can recall.

Now for the dumb thing.

I sent a box from CA to NY. The postage was say $13 and I paid that charge. A week later I get a notification that the postage was incorrect and an additional charge of $11 was due. They loaded that charge into the shipping cart on 10/6. I re-checked the postage on my original box and it was still 13ish.

Now that wouldn't be a big deal, except the charge is not correct. Send a adjustment request and almost three weeks later they respond that there was a "system" glitch. Only problem, you CAN NOT uncheck the charge in the shipping cart and pay for other labels. If you want to print a label, you MUST pay for the BS charge and wait for them to refund it which sometimes takes over a month. I've made two more request to have the charge removed, no response so far.

Sheer idiocy.

Unlucky for them I've sent out about $250 worth of billable shipping labels through FE and UPS during this situation. I may not even go back to USPS after this. Just poor execution on the back end.

I received an email claiming to be from USPS almost just like that. Turned out it was a phishing email trying to get money. I haven't used USPS for two years.

@Car Nut

Not a phishing Email. It was a notification via text and it was in my actual shipping cart on the USPS site.

I do know the one you wrote about. I get them all the time from apple, visa, chase, HD, Lowes, you name it, I get those stupid things all the time.

I had that with paypal I was printing labels through them and there was a .28 charge for under postage ok tried to pay it no go. They locked me out from printing labels, took a few months to fix it.

That is how they do business.I have printed wrong labels or label didn't print and asked for a refund. I get the same notice. a refund will take3-4 weeks. That is the way they do things. And they do eventually credit my Pay Pal acct.

Yeah I've done the same. Had to cancel a label. This is a bogus charge, they admit that, and I'm supposed to pay that bogus charge then wait for a refund. NFW

I'll ship with the other two... and only use USPS for cross border stuff. Pricing is the same and times are so close. USPS probably lost 4K a year in billable labels from this one.

Spent 18 long years with the USPS. Wifes job was scanning trucks as they were loaded/unloaded. There scanning system absolutely sucks. If whatever you use for printing/paying for labels is tied into that system I am surprised this is the first problem you have had. Was not uncommon for the system to be down for 6-7 weeks at a time....I know back then the delivery scanning was tied into the same system that we used in the facilities.
I know that many folks feel about the USPS....however...if they knew what really went on behind closed doors they MAY feel a bit differently...

Usps has become an emotional wreck. The lost my 68 barracuda tail panels that I shipped to get restored and was not cheap to do either. 2 months after I filed a lost pkg search I had given up on them and planned on buying new and came home from work 1 day and there they were, sitting on the porch. Box ripped up but the panels weren't damaged. Unreal!
Just ordered tires for my charger and they were shipped usps. Guess what? All were shipped at the same time and same place. I got 3. Been a month now and after filing another lost search claim, finally showed up.
I just got an email saying they are still looking for it. WTF!
Just try and call them once. Nobody ever answers at any of the #s they have posted. They don't even answer at the local po. I left it ring for 10 minutes.
Lol.
I'd never send anything thru them again.

Yeah I've done the same. Had to cancel a label. This is a bogus charge, they admit that, and I'm supposed to pay that bogus charge then wait for a refund. NFW

I'll ship with the other two... and only use USPS for cross border stuff. Pricing is the same and times are so close. USPS probably lost 4K a year in billable labels from this one.
For 9 years or so I worked incoming First Class "Bulk Mail". It was mail from mailing houses, these companies would collect mail from small companies. Would charge them a percentage of what it would cost if the company had paid full rate. They were supposed to process the mail in a similar fashion to what the USPS does. Depending on how much processing work they did would determine how much of a discount these mailer got. If they just put a 5 digit barcode on it and thru it all in one tray the rate was higher then if they broke it down zip codes...one tray for 85207, another for 85205 etc. Keep in mind everything is done by weight. These companies were putting all the mail in trays with 9 digit barcode labels on them...so we should have been able to take that tray and put it directly on the DBCS that processed that towns mail to get it walk sequenced for the carrier. 85-90% of the 9 digit trays did not even have a barcode of any sorts. So these letters, instead of fast tracking to the final sort had to be run thru the entire sorting process. The majority of these letters had 7-10 cents postage on them. Stamps were 37 cents at the time. Figuring 30 trays per cage, approximately 300 letters per tray, an average of 100 cages a night these companies were scamming the USPS, if my math is right, $240K@ day....just in the Phoenix plant. I bought this to managements attention...at least 6-7 times a month....was told...every time...what are we supposed to do, tell the customers we are not going to accept their mail if they don't process it right? So [email protected] USPS could not care less.

-
Back