usps strikes again

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
April 3,2022 rates go up again for box shipping. this pic is from my local usps office.

20220326_124443.jpg

It's a 3.1% increase.
Still cheaper than everyone else and you sure as hell can't drive it there for that.

It's a 3.1% increase.
Still cheaper than everyone else and you sure as hell can't drive it there for that.
Yes sir! I hear people complain all the time about the cost of a first class stamp, yet, that same stamp will send a letter around the GLOBE.

Those aren't shipping increases per se, they are additional charges (surcharge) added on to the current cost. Still better than driving it there, but..................

In essence if you ship a larger than 2 cubic foot box, and lets say it is 40 bucks to ship across the country today, it will now be 55 for the same weight/same dimension, at least that's how it was explained to me. It's a dimension non compliance fee.

yes you are both correct.
That's still no excuse for crappy service though. Your point is well taken. I just got a new ammeter for my tractor. It was supposed to be here on the 9th. It got here day before yesterday. It sat in one location according to tracking for 11 days. Ridiculous, when it was shipped two day priority.

Yes sir! I hear people complain all the time about the cost of a first class stamp, yet, that same stamp will send a letter around the GLOBE.
Nope. International First Class is $1.30.

Those aren't shipping increases per se, they are additional charges (surcharge) added on to the current cost. Still better than driving it there, but..................

In essence if you ship a larger than 2 cubic foot box, and lets say it is 40 bucks to ship across the country today, it will now be 55, at least that's how it was explained to me.
The oversize fee went from $14.50 to $15.00.
Not an additional $15.00.

It sat in one location according to tracking for 11 days. Ridiculous, when it was shipped two day priority.

Yeah, I had something shipped from California 2 day priority a couple weeks ago, it took 2 weeks to get here.

That's still no excuse for crappy service though. Your point is well taken. I just got a new ammeter for my tractor. It was supposed to be here on the 9th. It got here day before yesterday. It sat in one location according to tracking for 11 days. Ridiculous, when it was shipped two day priority.
Blame the crappy service on Amazon, DHL and UPS.
Their business model depends on the USPS to work and they've bogged down the system badly.
Then there's the fact that one president created an undue burden on the USPS that caused a downsizing in manpower, then a different president on the other side of the aisle decided that they were going to a 3 day delivery scheme. That only further crippled the USPS.
The USPS is hiring like mad. People are taking the jobs thinking it's a cake walk and finding out otherwise.

Blame the crappy service on Amazon, DHL and UPS.
Their business model depends on the USPS to work and they've bogged down the system badly.
Then there's the fact that one president created an undue burden on the USPS that caused a downsizing in manpower, then a different president on the other side of the aisle decided that they were going to a 3 day delivery scheme. That only further crippled the USPS.
The USPS is hiring like mad. People are taking the jobs thinking it's a cake walk and finding out otherwise.
I talk to my regular carrier often. She says they have quotas to meet that sometimes are as much as 400-600 a day. She does a really good job, but when she's off we can really tell it. lol

"It was supposed to be here on the 9th. It got here day before yesterday. It sat in one location according to tracking for 11 days."
"it was shipped two day priority"

Supposed to be there on the 9th, sat for 11 days.........shipped with two day priority..... ergo, 11 minus 9 equals 2!!!! Where's your issue????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::poke:

"It was supposed to be here on the 9th. It got here day before yesterday. It sat in one location according to tracking for 11 days."
"it was shipped two day priority"

Supposed to be there on the 9th, sat for 11 days.........shipped with two day priority..... ergo, 11 minus 9 equals 2!!!! Where's your issue????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::poke:
I guess that's how they see too. lol

The postal service is still a great deal after all of these years ! In the 1860s you could send a letter in 6 days via pony express from St. Louis, MO to Sacramento,CA for $1.
Now you still get the same number of days for the same amount of money.
Yote

The postal service is still a great deal after all of these years ! In the 1860s you could send a letter in 6 days via pony express from St. Louis, MO to Sacramento,CA for $1.
Now you still get the same number of days for the same amount of money.
Yote
With many fewer dead horse!!!!!!!!!!!

Just renewed our p.o. box, we have a small one. $99 for 6 months. So the USPS is losing $ hand over fist due to volumes being way down (I worked there for 20 years, 15 of them on the opening unit, cancelling stamps. 2006 our heavy day during Christmas was 5.6 million, this year they barely broke 2 million) so they rape us that can not have home delivery. We are in a rural area, mail boxes on the side of the highway. Mail no longer goes missing, now the assholes just steal the boxes. Gave up asking to get a cluster box put in. Would not matter for us, the po that our mail comes from is 15 miles north, we NEVER go north. Nearest PO is Nine Mile Falls, it is 21 miles away but on a road we frequent. And before anyone says the USPS is NOT in the red...they lost 9.2 billion in one year...#weldthedoorsshut
Why The U.S. Post Office Is In Trouble – 678,539 Employees And A $9.2 Billion Loss In 2020

Yeah we are still waiting on a Christmas gift our youngun had shipped to us 2 Christmases ago, LOL.
If you check the FedEx website you'll find that they have revised their delivery gaurantee:

“When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.......... or eventually”. You could pay an extra fee in which case the word "eventually" can be replaced with "sooner or later"!!!

Oh how lucky we are to be able to complain about such trivial things like a slight price increase for being able to correspond with people around the world within days.

21st century problems.........

I'm a current employee of usps. A carrier of 6 years. You have 2 kinds of people. The one's there to do the job and the one's just wanting a check. On top of being over worked and under staffed. Throw in the fact that when ups,fedex,DHL, Amazon, laser ship and whoever else you want to throw in the ring are overburdened they're packages that they can't get delivered are given to us. Because we don't have the option to not deliver them. Throw in the mix that it's continually finger fucked in counter productivity by congressional legislation it's truly amazing the service still is as efficient as it is. I like working for them. I just believe it's like any other big outfit. The days of a high percentage of hard working Americans are long gone. I work 5-6 days a week. Walk 7-10 miles a day in all weather. I maybe a government employee but I'll never need to hold their hand....

-
Back