Utah

-

demoman3955

Reaction score
Well one of my plymouths will be going to my son, and he lives in utah, not far from salt lake city. needless to say, its a rust free car, and the thought of the word "salt" freaks me out. Is there any sugestions on what precautions my son should take, or in general, things to look out for? Not do?
I hate sending a life long california car away. It was born and raised in cali and im worried about the metal termites getting to it. :sad5:

My old 1983 Ram had hardly any rust on it, my 206k mile 1993 Chevy K2500 also hardly has any rust on it.

The 83' ram had truck bed liner on the bottom part of the panels. (which is not feasible on cars, except maybe for inside the wheel wells, interior floors and some of the underbody parts)

The big thing that I noticed that helps alot is wash all that salt coating off whenever the roads get clear enough and hasn't snowed for awhile.

EDIT: Also make sure the paint isn't chipped and have bare metal/primer exposed, if it does use those little spot repair paint brushes to at least cover up the exposed metal/primer (temporary fix only!) until you can fix it properly.

-
Back