V-2 compressor question

-

T-Man700

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got this RV-2 compressor for my Demon. Thought it was a V-2 but has the 2 pistons and double pully, I'm learning. It has good compression and looks great inside but I pulled the oil pan to not only see inside but check the ball for roundness so it pumps OK. I pulled the spring out but can’t get the ball out. By shining a light, it looks to be steel but don’t want to pry in case it’s not. Maybe it was rebuilt, who knows. Got it from a guy who got from a guy etc.
Also should I clean all the oil out with say, kerosene, because I’m going to R134 and not R12 or does it have to that clean? Thanks, first time inside a a/c compressor.

DB16319C-65E9-414A-92F8-18E3E213ED99.jpeg

AEBE48B8-3C60-4AAC-BE45-AAB11535C1FA.jpeg

Last edited:
Got this RV-2 compressor for my Demon. It has good compression and looks great inside but I pulled the oil pan to not only see inside but check the ball for roundness. I pulled the spring out but can’t get the ball out. By shining a light, it looks to be steel but don’t want to pry in case it’s not. Maybe it was rebuilt, who knows. Got it from a guy who got from a guy etc.
Also should I clean all the oil out with say, kerosene, because I’m going to R134 and not R12? Thanks, first time inside a a/c compressor.

View attachment 1715942135

View attachment 1715942136

Guess I'll try to blow it out with an air compressor tomorrow, hopefully won't lose it.

The ball is steel. The port goes to the pump so you may not be able to use air. It is impossible to find full seal kits these days so you may not be able to find the seal for the pump cover. You just need to get the mineral oil out. I flush it with Wax and Grease remover for auto painting.

The ball is steel. The port goes to the pump so you may not be able to use air. It is impossible to find full seal kits these days so you may not be able to find the seal for the pump cover. You just need to get the mineral oil out. I flush it with Wax and Grease remover for auto painting.

Thanks Jim, I did find a new (old) kit in a sealed plastic bag. Classic does have the oil pan and head gaskets for $35 but hopefully the kit I bought is good. Got it for $25 shipped. I’ll use a degreaser, seal it up after soaking the gasket in oil and should be good to go.

I’ve learned a lot reading past post and grateful for FABO. Thanks

-
Back