V24 door jam detail pics?

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the door jams on a 71 V24 car? Being my 70 Duster is an original /6 car I am going to go with the 71 paint scheme. Hopefully the car will finally see paint soon (after 3 years in the bodyshop).

On the engine compartment it appears that most cars stopped the black about 1/2 down the vertical edge of the cowl and front fenders? Door jams? The A-pillar will stop where the chrome trim for a vinyl top would be (my car is a painted top but plan to add the chrome piece to complete the look).

car as it sits now..... :( And from where it started...

Attachments

• 70 Duster Nov 2012 work maybe.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 70 Duster Pass Rear.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 174
as a matter of fact I do

Attachments

• 6816410-lefthinge(Small).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 6814816-Apillar(Small).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 6814813-Cpillar(Small).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 6814821-cowl(Small).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 6814825-rearjamb(Small).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 6816406-cowl2(Small).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 130
Also with the V24 option the door frames are the same low gloss black not the high gloss black

That is exactly what I was needing! Thanks!

The inner door frames, it was just the upper door frames that were low gloss, correct? The lower were gloss just all all the other black interior cars?

I just came across them a few weeks ago and though "Id better save these"

So it appears the cars were sprayed body color then the blackout after. It also appears that the cars were sprayed before the fenders went on?

The door frames? Has it been discussed if the upper frame only was sprayed in the same finish or were both the upper and lower frames the same matte finish?

It certainly looks like the blackout was sprayed with the fenders off but I really cant see that happening because the car was assembled when the body color was shot and the top of the fenders got the blackout also.

Looking at the 4th picture it looks like at least in that car the lower door frames were flat black also

-
Back