v6 k member hemi 5.7 issue?

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
Ok, so little background.
My 73 dart was originally an inline 6 (least I was told so), I didn't come with the inline 6 or stock tranny, but a 360 block outta truck.
I have since rebuild the entire suspension, painted it all up, etc.

Monday, I walked into a steal, 5.7 hemi complete (minus harness and pc), $200. So i bought it.
Since then, I have researched and have looked at TTI. They say the mounts they make only fit a v8 k member.
The K member I have now uses spool mounts, the TTI mounts are spool.

1. Is the K member I currently have a v6? or v8? because of the spool mount.
2. Because I have spool mount K member, Can I use the TTI mounts for 5.7 hemi?

If all else fails, I do have a k member from a 72 dart, that was a 318 v8, it is biscuit mount though...looks ugly, would need prep and me ripping suspension apart again.....wanna avoid that for time being.

Thanks in advance,

ps will attach best pic I have offhand of current K member that came with car (assuming its the inline 6 based off the sellers info...may be wrong)

Attachments

• SAM_0015.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 141
Ok, so little background.
My 73 dart was originally an inline 6 (least I was told so), I didn't come with the inline 6 or stock tranny, but a 360 block outta truck.
I have since rebuild the entire suspension, painted it all up, etc.

Monday, I walked into a steal, 5.7 hemi complete (minus harness and pc), $200. So i bought it.
Since then, I have researched and have looked at TTI. They say the mounts they make only fit a v8 k member.
The K member I have now uses spool mounts, the TTI mounts are spool.

1. Is the K member I currently have a v6? or v8? because of the spool mount.
2. Because I have spool mount K member, Can I use the TTI mounts for 5.7 hemi?

If all else fails, I do have a k member from a 72 dart, that was a 318 v8, it is biscuit mount though...looks ugly, would need prep and me ripping suspension apart again.....wanna avoid that for time being.

Thanks in advance,

ps will attach best pic I have offhand of current K member that came with car (assuming its the inline 6 based off the sellers info...may be wrong)

thats a slant 6 K frame; I can tell by the raised mount on the Left (drivers side)

It looks like a slant 6 k-member to me personally, but the angle of the pic makes it a little hard to tell. On the v8 k-member both spool mounts are at roughly the same height. On a slant 6 the driver side mount is much higher than the passenger side.

This is one of those times where access to and the knowledge of welding would be invaluable. If I was doing this swap I would slice off the slant mount, skip the TTI, and adapt the k-member to use the factory truck/lx mounts that are already on the engine. $200 for a 5.7 is a real good price. Start hanging out on the hemi swap page here, they are the experts on this stuff.

Thank you for IDing it...
I may do just that, I can weld. May not be the pretiest, But I can weld enough to at least get it to a point where I can take it and it TIGed.

Thanks for the help and input.

Thank you for IDing it...
I may do just that, I can weld. May not be the pretiest, But I can weld enough to at least get it to a point where I can take it and it TIGed.

Thanks for the help and input.

tack the mounts in place enough to hold the engine, then put it on a trailer (without starting it) and go get it professionally welded

How about I get rid of your problems by buying the Hemi from you for $500. Problem solved and you make 150% on your money. lol.

-
Back