-
Status
Not open for further replies.

-=Q=-

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for torsion bars, kick down assembly, drop center steering link, and tranny crossmember.

Going into a 74 duster. If for some reason I don't need one of these parts for the conversion, please let me know. This is gonna be my first swap.

Looking for torsion bars, kick down assembly, drop center steering link, and tranny crossmember.

Going into a 74 duster. If for some reason I don't need one of these parts for the conversion, please let me know. This is gonna be my first swap.
You dont need the center link or the trans cross member, but you may want to go a size or two up on the torsion bars.
PM coming on those

I thought the k frame and mounts was was all that was really NEEDED to get a v8 in there.

That sounds too easy.

I thought the k frame and mounts was was all that was really NEEDED to get a v8 in there.

That sounds too easy.

When I V8 swapped my Sport I needed a complete engine, conversion mounts, a dual pattern 3/4 speed bellhousing, flywheel, clutch kit, headers & exhaust, new radiator w/hoses, a custom power steering hose, fan, throttle linkage, and some odds and ends. There's not much to it.

Some stuff like the center link and crossmember, as mentioned, don't need replacing.

Many have found they needed a V8 throttle cable, even with factory carbs. The OEM slant 6 cable doesn't have enough travel to get wide open throttle.
Then throttle cable and throttle pressure linkage is a common headache due to aftermarket carbs variations. Good luck with it

When I V8 swapped my Sport I needed a complete engine, conversion mounts, a dual pattern 3/4 speed bellhousing, flywheel, clutch kit, headers & exhaust, new radiator w/hoses, a custom power steering hose, fan, throttle linkage, and some odds and ends. There's not much to it.

Some stuff like the center link and crossmember, as mentioned, don't need replacing.

thx for the reply. those i didnt think about. yeah ive got a 360 motor with a 727 and an 8 3/4 rear end already. everything is checked out and good to go. i just have to swap the axles to big bolt pattern. my duster came factory big bolt. the rear end came with small bolt pattern.

Q, I have a 72 dart that had a V8 in it, and it's a parts car. If you come needing something just give me a shout and I'll see if I got it.
Thanks.

Q, I have a 72 dart that had a V8 in it, and it's a parts car. If you come needing something just give me a shout and I'll see if I got it.
Thanks.

Cool. i will definatly hit you up once i start putting it together. sure ill come across something ill need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back