v8 pedal conversion from Slant

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
on my 66 slant dart, I removed the old rod type pedal and put in a cable v8 type. Now the pedal I bought was this new one from eBay, however it does not have the little white plastic bit that is at the top of the back of the pedal. I suppose this is to keep the rubber from wearing away as it hits the flapper. Can anyone give me an idea of what that white plastic bit is made out of? how thick? And what I can use to mimic it? And type of glue that will hold from rubber to it? Thanks guys

on my 66 slant dart, I removed the old rod type pedal and put in a cable v8 type. Now the pedal I bought was this new one from eBay, however it does not have the little white plastic bit that is at the top of the back of the pedal. I suppose this is to keep the rubber from wearing away as it hits the flapper. Can anyone give me an idea of what that white plastic bit is made out of? how thick? And what I can use to mimic it? And type of glue that will hold from rubber to it? Thanks guys

Mopar 64-66 V8 Gas Pedal Assembly, Valiant, Dart, Barracuda

[FOR SALE] - 64-66 V8 pedal assembly

This is what you need.

Jake

I am sorry I must have been unclear. I have a repro pedal and cable and flapper etc... However on the reverse side of the rubber pedal, there should be a thin plastic protector piece that contacts the flapper, so it doesn't rub on the rubber pedal directly. Any idea on that white plastic piece? Maybe I could super glue an old credit card onto the back?

Teflon sheet, cut-peel-stick, like this.
That is a great idea Dan. Teflon peel n stick. Wowie on the price. Since I am more ghetto, I am really diggin the credit card idea. Or what about those floopy cutting boards? humm... Oh snap, what about those heavy duty screen protectors for the cel phones?

-
Back