vacation pics from fla

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
jus a few more to come the ones with all the green are at my house and the ones of the water are over in cedar key

DSC00128.JPG

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

DSC00133.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00137.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

DSC00140.JPG

Great pics 69Cuda! Thank you for sharing. :) I was down in Gainesville once about 20 years ago but never really got to see the country.

more....again..i got about 6 more but they are of the condo we stayed in not the scenery over all a really nice small hometown place very worth it

DSC00171.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

DSC00194.JPG

DSC00195.JPG

Thanks for the great photos. You live in a beautiful spot. I grew up down there with the Live Oaks and Spanish Moss, the Florida that's peaceful and down-to-earth. If you are familiar with the author Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, she left a comfortable life and bought property in the Florida wilderness in a place called Cross Creek and wrote a book by the same name, about the hard lives of the 'Crackers.' Some other novels including 'The Yearling' which was made into a great movie with Gregory Peck, and many short stories. Her place is a museum, I hope to go see it one day. Anyway, I enjoyed your photos.

marjorie's house is only about 15 mins max away from my house i jus finished readin cross creek for the 1st time since high school she even mentions of of my family members the crazy mr swilley who lived in the small shack. it was hard to find a copy of it i'm lookin for the yearling now there is also a restaurant in cross creek caled the yearling that serves native florida dishes and there is a restaurant called cross creek in jacksonville, fl as well and i've been to her house a bunch of time it's a gret experience!!!

That's very cool, I can tell you have a strong kinship for that land, it is a very different Florida than most people know.

I am very familiar with the Ocala area. Most people would not recognize the area as being part of Florida because of the rolling hills and pasture land. I liked Daytona Beach 30 years ago, but it has become too urbanized.

Thats awesome i lived in Cheifland Fla until about 1977 and moved here to South Carolina you had to go through it to get to ceder key. i am down two or three times a year to see the mother and father they still live there.
My mother used to own a little Cafe in Cheifland when i was very young and we would have to go to Ceder Key twice a week to buy fresh Sea Food.
Small world Thanks 69cudafla

i am a cracker too. Born in Orlando and raised in Ocoee and Apopka.Still got a buttload of kin there.

Outstanding I see some great gadder country near your place
Thank you for sharing 69cudafla :cheers:

Here is a pictures that I took that will fit in your post, I miss Florida :-D

NO POWER 051.jpg

thanks for the added enrichment to my post memike!!
Glad you liked it:-D I just took that picture yesterday and could not wait to share it, Tequila lovin Dragon Fly,:cheers:
I just don't have moss in my trees. The wife and I enjoyed your pictures, Her dad lives on Orlando.

Beautiful shots of old time Florida !!
Remember the movie "Doc Hollywood"? They shot the movie in Micanopy, just south of Gainesville.
The garage where they fixed the Porsche is next to the house where my wife had a clothing shop back in the mid 80's.

Great post 69cudafla. We stop at a friends house to pick him up in Gainesville on our way to the Gatornationals. He lives not far from I-75 off the main drag a few hundred yards and it is beautiful. I love the azaleas that time of year.

I quess I have lived here to long(30 years) and need a change. But I am over here in tourist town, St.Pete/CLW. It's pretty much built out with high rise condos that block the beach and has lost it's Florida charm.

yep i remember doc hollywood..ran into michael j fox in the old truckstop they closed down about 6 or 7 years ago when they were filmin it, got his autograph for my granma she's a huge fan of his and she wanted to go back and see if he was still there by the time i got home!!! alot of people love north central florida. john travolta lives in ocala. john anderson the country singer has a house in miconopy. but i always love the woods and small towns my town isn't the same anymore since they fourlaned both highways goin through it. i'm thinkin bou movin to two egg, fla...smallest town in the state i believe

Man i just love FLA ,,, great state i would move in a heart beat no if and or butts about it,, had a job down in fort meyers but that was a joke so i came back home to INDY ..was down in july wish i had stayed but had to come home .

Bobby Goldsboro built a house about 2 miles from me in Silver Springs back in the early 90s. He wanted to be treated as one of the guys so I made him an honorary member of the fire dept. He was thrilled about that, esp after I told him that he did not have to get hot, wet or dirty.

Just a pretty decent singer/songwriter from back in the 60s.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bobby Goldsboro’s career has been a remarkable evolution. This multi-talented performer started out in the early sixties as a guitarist with the legendary Roy Orbison. During his three years with Orbison he traveled all over the world and even toured with The Beatles.

In 1964 Bobby started his solo career by recording the first of a string of sixteen top-forty hits, “See the Funny Little Clown.” One of his first concert bookings had him opening for the Rolling Stones on their first U.S. tour! More million-selling hits followed, setting the stage for 1968 and the classic, “Honey,” which became the largest-selling record in the world! “Watching Scotty Grow,” “Little Green Apples” and “With Pen in Hand” have also become classics.

1973 brought Bobby his own nationally syndicated television show, which ran for three successful seasons and became the highest rated variety show in syndication in the ‘70’s. His quick wit made him a much sought-after “regular” on the tv talk show circuit as well. Bobby then formed House of Gold Music, which became one of the most successful music publishing companies in Nashville, publishing such songs as “Wind Beneath My Wings” and “Behind Closed Doors.”

Bobby Goldsboro, the songwriter has received twenty-seven B.M.I. awards and his compositions have been recorded by such diverse artists as Aretha Franklin, John Denver, Paul Anka, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Dr. John and Bette Midler. His compositions, “With Pen in Hand” and “Autumn of My Life” are members of B.M.I.’s exclusive “Million-airs Club,” which contains only those songs which have been played on the air over one million times! Bobby’s classic composition, “Summer, the First Time” was recently voted the greatest summer song ever in England!
[/FONT]

-
Back