Vacation!!

-

valiant65

Street & Strip Valiant
Reaction score
Finally after to much work (not in the garage...) we will fly to Las Vegas and then with a Dodge Caravan visit Furnace creek, St George, Kanab and finally Moab where we will rent a Jeep Wrangler and drive some nice trails (Hells Revenge...).
This is an old dream for me to go offroading in Moab.

Unfortunately no Mopar events are included in this trip but maybe next time.
3 weeks will fly away very fast I guess..

Wish you all a nice summer:cheers::cheers:

Have fun and be careful, some of those trails in Moab can kill a person. You might want to see if you can get a guide/spotter first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbkTncjEOs

BTW, a stock jeep is not going to make hell's revenge. This Jeep is far from stock and the driver didn't listen to his spotter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWJa6FC7-E&feature=related

Here's "Hot Tub" on the Hell's Revenge trail. Notice how long these guys take to set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXfFKeTI7q8&feature=related

This is the Escalator on Hells Revenge. As gnarly as this trail looks here, most people I know say this video doesn't even do it justice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_FVz-v1-g

I'm not trying to scare you off, but I would like for you and your wallet to return from this vacation in one piece. There are some great trails there that a stock Jeep is capable of making that are fun as hell :)

Thanks for the warning...
I have seen these videos and I'm not going to do something stupid.
I've been competing in different offroad challenges so I refuse :) to drive a standard Wrangler... it will be a 3"lifted wrangler Rubicon (lockers x2).
By the way, nice XJ in the Escalator-video.

But we are looking for nature and not extreme offroading (just a little...).
We have been planning this trip during our cold winter and I have been reading the book "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells.
(Would be nice to drive Lions Back but I think it's closed now.)

First we planned to by a Grand Cherokee WJ 4,7 and drive around with that car instead of a rental car but last month I bought one GC WJ here in Sweden so we have to stay with rental cars.

Thanks for the warning...
I have seen these videos and I'm not going to do something stupid.
I've been competing in different offroad challenges so I refuse :) to drive a standard Wrangler... it will be a 3"lifted wrangler Rubicon (lockers x2).
By the way, nice XJ in the Escalator-video.

Excellent! Sounds like you have experience and already know what you are getting into. :) Yeah, I like that XJ too. I might be partial though since I have a '92.

But we are looking for nature and not extreme offroading (just a little...).
We have been planning this trip during our cold winter and I have been reading the book "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-wheel Drive Trails" by Charles A. Wells.
(Would be nice to drive Lions Back but I think it's closed now.)

Yes, Lion's Back is now closed to the public. It sure sounds like you've done your homework too.

First we planned to by a Grand Cherokee WJ 4,7 and drive around with that car instead of a rental car but last month I bought one GC WJ here in Sweden so we have to stay with rental cars.

I'm glad that you didn't take my post the wrong way and I truly hope that you have great time here! :cheers: Be sure to post some pics and stories of your travels when you get back. 8) I'm glad you posted as it gave me an excuse to attach some 4WD videos, lol!

I love the XJ, would like to have one with a 6" lift kit:love7:

Today I have a Zuki Samurai with 6-point harness and 12 point rollcage equipped with Wrangler YJ springs, lockers and bead locks ...

We are loaded with 16Gb in my Canon EOS450 and 10hour of video DV so hopefully we can have some memories from this trip8)8)

Now we are back, full with memories and 600 pictures in the camera (good to have 16GB...).
As you can see we were travelling Hell's Revenge together with local guide Dan Mick (good guy no1).

IMG_0677 (Small).JPG

IMG_0687 (Small).JPG

-
Back