Vacuum advance partnr and where to find?

-

NorthernSwede

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm looking for
a new vacuum advance unit to replace my broken one in my Dart, the engine in the car is a LA318 and it's a mechanical distributor with a single breaker point, what I need to know is what is the partnr for the vacuum advance and where can I find one?

Oh, and by the way, I've replaced the rotor, breaker point, bushings in the distributor and the distributor cap, is there something more I could/should replace while I'm at it? =)

Hi all!

I'm looking for
a new vacuum advance unit to replace my broken one in my Dart, the engine in the car is a LA318 and it's a mechanical distributor with a single breaker point, what I need to know is what is the partnr for the vacuum advance and where can I find one?

Oh, and by the way, I've replaced the rotor, breaker point, bushings in the distributor and the distributor cap, is there something more I could/should replace while I'm at it? =)

Which year on the engine? What year on the distributor? Let me know if your interested in a Prestolite daul point set up.

That's kind of the problem, I'm away in Norway for work right now and can't really check up on it either and anyways it's hard to know since i haven't checked the engine block for the numbers and it might as well be that the ignition has been changed some time, don't actually know! How many diffrent single point SB mopar dizzys are there?

Looks like it is available.
There was a time when no part store had those available but...
if you bought a reman'd distributor from them it would have a new advance servo on it.
I think the adjustment screw in some only changes its travel rate and not its total throw. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

-
Back