Vacuum Source

-

EdM

Reaction score
Is there any reason I should not use this port as either a PCV or brake booster source? TIA.

rvYcldB.jpg

you can use the plug port, under the carb, for the PVC or the brake booster.

Most Holley carbs (used to) have a big 3/8 hose port under the baseplate as well. What model is the carb?

Power brakes off the manifold. PCV off the carb.

This.

Use the port at the back of the carb for the PCV and make sure the breather is in the opposite valve cover as the PCV valve.

Thanks all. I am moving the PCV valve to the drivers side valve cover tied to the rear carb port and I will tie the manifold (Mopar Performance crate 360) port in my photo to the PB booster. Currently it is tee'd with the PCV connection...

If it's a square plug (hard for me to see in the picture) you may be able to use a 3/8 or 1/4 extension.

They do make tools for that as there are several sizes of that square drive stuff. Harbor Freight should have some if you don't have one the correct size.

If it's even size 1/4 or 3/8 use ratchet components. If it's odd size like 5/16, you'll have to go to the hardware store and get a 'chunk' of square keystock. Frankly it matters little whether the PVC is "off the carb" or "off the manifold" so long as they both "are." That manifold fitting, as well as the one "in one runner" of factory intakes MAY cause a bit of fuel distro problems

-
Back