Valiant and Duster wiring diagrams- close enough?

-

FeatherDuster

I'm getting 25 mpg!
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 76 Duster which has some wiring issues related to the ignition switch. As far as I can tell, these were mostly created by the previous owner, who had an IQ of roughly twelve.

Starting the car with a screwdriver and having to pop the hood to shut the car off is getting old fast. I'm planning on tearing into it this weekend and trying to repair and untangle as much of the old wiring as I can.

I printed a wiring diagram from a 76 Valiant off of Mitchell yesterday, and spent 45 minutes yesterday evening coloring it with magic markers. I think it was time well spent, and I have a better understanding of how it's supposed to work. But how close is the Duster's wiring to the Valiant's? Close enough?

Thanks, guys. I'm new at this whole Mopar thing, and I'm still having some difficulties adjusting. :?

vbpgimage.php

I wouldn't assume anything about them being the same. Much of it could be the same but it'll be just different enough to really piss you off when you find differently. I would take the time to find a real schematic for your car.

-
Back