Valiant color choice?

-

NWDave

Reaction score
So, everyone dogs me about the gold color of my 1971 Valiant. It's bad enough that it's a 4 door, but the color really adds to the "old people" car effect!

The interior is an off-white color, and the torn seats need new covers. My daughter likes Hemi Orange, and I like a lot of the newer bronze colors.

So here's a link to the car, let me know some ideas for a repaint color:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/1313907039.html

p.s. I paid only $800 for the car, this listing is old.....

I have a set of SBP stock Rally wheels to go on it, and those hub caps went into the nearest gas station's garbage can on the trip home from the dealer! The hood has a few dents that need massaging first, and it would look better painted satin black.

I have a set of SBP stock Rally wheels to go on it, and those hub caps went into the nearest gas station's garbage can on the trip home from the dealer! The hood has a few dents that need massaging first, and it would look better painted satin black.

LOL. Yeah the hub caps were to much bling. Ralleys will look good on there.
With the satin black you can buy Rustoleum at the home repot and thin it down.

My car was the same gold color when I bought it. I went with a 2007 Dodge color - Sunburst Orange Pearl.

At Rory's 080409.jpg

I think the gold looks good. I'd just blackout the hood like homecloned said. and maybe add some stripes down the side. But I'd say leave it gold.

There's a brighter gold, it's available on the new Ford Mustang, and the P.T. Cruiser. The car needs some body work, and therefore paint.

-
Back