Valiant Sheet Metal

-
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Forgive me if there's a floor pan/sheet metal-specific thread this should be in. I'm dragging my '74 Valiant back onto the road whether it likes it or not, and I have three problem areas that are gonna need some new metal:

1. The entire passenger side floor pan is toast. I have eyes on a '74 Dart floor from Year One, but I was wondering if anyone knows if that's the same fit, or if there's a better place to source it. The piece I'm looking at is about $200
20200926_182200.jpg

2. The driver's side front has been repaired once, and needs replacing too. Looks like Year One's piece is $108. Driver's side rear is solid, it's already been sanded and painted.
20200926_182208.jpg

3. Anybody know how I can get away with not replacing this whole fender? I have no ideas for this one. This, of course, is the corner that was closest to the driveway-adjacent foliage for six years. The other side is clean as a whistle. I don't mind those little spots to the right, but I need to deal with the rot under the hood.
20201112_152947.jpg

Accepting any and all advice on where to source these/which other cars' pieces will fit. A full floor is about $400, but if I can avoid replacing the whole thing I'd rather do it in pieces.

Thanks so much y'all!

I would really consider replacing the entire floor. By the time you stitch a bunch of sections together that may or may not fit with each other you'll likely be money and time ahead.

IMPORTANT!
Pay attention to the inside of the front frame rails when you remove the floors. Guaranteed they are paper thin as they rust from the inside out. Also the torsion bar cross member, especially near the large t-bar sockets. This is the area that fails as the anchors twist out and the front end crashes down.
Do not buy anything until you check these areas out first.
Been there done that .

-
Back