Valiant wins, fresh off the boat.

-

dusterdragracer

Drag Racer
Reaction score
After a couple of changed hands, the Valiant ends up in England, to be raced at Santa Pod. Fresh off the boat, Lee win's American Muscle class....Good job Lee, but it looks mighty cold there.

CLICK HERE for video:

https://www.facebook.com/marc.smith.77312/videos/10153189237192592/?pnref=story

He had a 6500 chip in it, so it hit the limiter at the finish line. leaving off idle and footbraking, getting use to car.

Attachments

• 12194740_1071916809515483_7738277973607614745_o.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 268
  • valiant 4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 257
  • valiant2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 266
  • valiant3.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 284
  • 420689_2774809095691_895917269_n[1].jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 259
LOL, I got that all the time.....That or "Is it a Fairlane"?
I always though of it as "Valiant, Chrysler's answer to the Rambler".

LOL, I got that all the time.....That or "Is it a Fairlane"?
I always though of it as "Valiant, Chrysler's answer to the Rambler".

Rambler is hard to beat, but the Valiant is a Mopar.
I love Valiants, and always kinda wanted one, second to the Darts of course.
My Dad had a totally factory stock 67 Belvedere in the dark metallic blue when I was about 15 that I always wanted to get my hands on but never did.
I drove it all the time, but wanted to pry away from him and hotrod it out because I just love that body style.
I ended up putting together a 46 Ford pickup with a flathead 8 that an old lady gave me when I was walking home from school one day because someone told her I liked to fix cars and wish I still had that one, but it wasn't as cool as that Belvedere.

All of that was around 1970 or so.

[ame="http://s213.photobucket.com/user/bigdummy71/media/69%20Valiant/Screenshot_2015-09-07-09-01-37-1_zpshzy9wznn.png.html"]Screenshot_2015-09-07-09-01-37-1_zpshzy9wznn.png Photo by bigdummy71 | Photobucket[/ame]

I didn't mean to offend any Valiant owners. I just never liked MY Valiant. Everyone thought more of it then I did. Something about the name bugged me. I think it is because my parents had a slant 6 one when I was in high school.Grocery get er.
I bought it because it was a good deal as a roller. I was very disappointed with the Cal Trac setup when I switched from SS springs (You can see my postings elsewhere on here).
I won a lot with it, but it just wasn't there consistently after that.Part of that is our track.Two other seasoned racer's tried to get it to work and gave up on it.
I don't want to get into the whole Cal Trac thing again.Not here to slam them. If they work for you that is awesome.
Other then that, it was an awesome little car to race. Visibility was great.Took down a lot of 190 MPH dragsters and 8 second cars with it.

Picture is with SS springs and snuber at a good track (Seattle).It was very consistent then.

The silver one above is really nice.

Attachments

• seattle.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 157
I always had sort of a soft spot for Valiants.
Probably because when I was around 12 my Aunt took me on a road trip in one to visit all the continental states.
Almost 3 months of driving pretty much every day and with my cerebral palsy handicapped cousin who had to have literally everything done for him.
I don't know how she did it, but I still appreciate that she did.

That Valiant and the round swamp cooler rolled up in the passenger window has always kind of stuck with me.

-
Back