value? 1965 barracuda v8 car

-

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
ok i have a chance to buy a 65 barracuda no motor or trans but its set up for a 4 speed, it was someones old drag car the hood is welded to the fenders and its now a tilt front clip, its got minor rust, all glass is good doors are ok i think trunk loogs good too, the only thing i want it for is the 8 3/4 rear and the bucket seats. WITHOUT THE REAREND AND NO BUCKETS what do you guys think its worth? it will have a 7 1/4 if i get it to resell.

depends on how hacked up it is and what the buyer wants it for. might be a good candidate for a straight axle conversion into a gasser/funny car (hey Dale!!!!). but its hard to say, maybe a couple grand at most because it sounds like a lot of work/time/money needs to go into it to get it up and running. if the drag racing conversion work is sloppy and has to all be re-done, then probably not much more than a few hundred bucks to the right buyer. it may even be worth more parted out than as a whole car.
-tim

Im guessing that since it was a strip car that any little extra weight was discarded, including trim?!?!? If thats the case then Id say getting $500 for it would be a blessing. You sure that the front clip is steel and not fiberglass? Optik is right, depending what factory parts are there parting it out would get you more cash.

Another thing, seeing as it was an old drag car find out all the specifics on rear end. Is it a mopar or a lincoln and if it has a true posi or welded spiders.

So, does HE have his front end braced? Probably a full cage, right? Let us know if you part it out. Ill take the rear seat back skin if its not sun rotted. Probably a few hundred other things...

no i dont think the front end is braced, its kinda slapped together, home made roll cage aand all but i have a valiant parts car that the front clip could be avalible to go with the barracuda.

no i dont think the front end is braced, its kinda slapped together, home made roll cage aand all but i have a valiant parts car that the front clip could be avalible to go with the barracuda.

If you need a 8.75 Frank Kovatch can cut you one out of a c-body housing. Far better than having to deal with that car.

since its an old drag car,, see if you can find out if it was a famous drag car or driven by any one special,,, could make a world of difference on the value

-
Back