Value of 8.75 center section?

-

Fishracer66

Lap, not 1/4 mile times!
Reaction score
I have decided to stick my 8.75 (489 case, with Suregrip) 4.30 geared center section on Craigslist so I can put some money into upgrading my Barracuda's brakes. Anybody have an idea of a good starting asking price for this? The gearset is essentially new, (but been sitting in a cabinet for a few years though), and was only run for one track day before I switched back to the 3.91s. (running out of RPMs in the straightaways....)

Looks like they are about $1300 new from Mancini. Would would be a good fair price to ask?

Thanks;

Mike
Team Starfish Racing
66 Barracuda Vintage road racer

Attachments

• diff_1 (1).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 285
  • diff_1 (2).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 285
I have decided to stick my 8.75 (489 case, with Suregrip) 4.30 geared center section on Craigslist so I can put some money into upgrading my Barracuda's brakes. Anybody have an idea of a good starting asking price for this? The gearset is essentially new, (but been sitting in a cabinet for a few years though), and was only run for one track day before I switched back to the 3.91s. (running out of RPMs in the straightaways....)

Looks like they are about $1300 new from Mancini. Would would be a good fair price to ask?

Thanks;

Mike
Team Starfish Racing
66 Barracuda Vintage road racer

probably not as much as you'd like. Most of the time they seem to go anywhere from 300 to 600 on line classifeds. 600 being the rarity. Most seem to go for 450

Thanks! That is a starting point at least..... I did find out that it has the Dana clutch type (22685x) sure grip unit in it.

I had three rear ends put together (3.55, 3.91, and 4.30), and ended up with 3.91 as the best "over-all" ratio for what I do. The other two are Auburn cone sure-grips, this one is a clutch.

Thanks! That is a starting point at least..... I did find out that it has the Dana clutch type (22685x) sure grip unit in it.

I had three rear ends put together (3.55, 3.91, and 4.30), and ended up with 3.91 as the best "over-all" ratio for what I do. The other two are Auburn cone sure-grips, this one is a clutch.

the 489 clutch types dont come up as often and when they do they are around that 600 dollar mark, sometimes a tad higher. and honestly, If i had the coin, id be shooting you an offer for it right now. Good luck

I want to sell it as a complete package, not parted out.....

I put an ad on Craigslist today for $650, which leaves me wiggle room....

Thanks again!

Fishracer66

I put a 742 case w/3.23 on Craigslist here in SoCal for $400. It sold the first day for full price with no haggling.

-
Back