value of (almost rolling) chassis BO29

-
Realistically you're looking at buying a VIN and putting it on another car---a felony here in the States. To restore that car properly would take far more than 70-80k. Sell the dash? As I said, if you put it on another car you'd be commiting a felony and just what DO you want to do with the car? My advice is build a clone, acid-dip whatever part you want for authenticity and enjoy the car. One word of advice---- don't go nuts wiith the engine mods as you'll never keep it cool enough to enjoy...…….. And IF you find an affordable original car to build you're still ending up with an unregister-able car that's a too valuable drag-only car or lawn ornament that no one is really gonna care about since to be competitive in class racing it'd be so modified nothing but body panels would be left of the original car. So you may as well go back & build from a basic Dart.

Peter, please contact me, contrary to popular belief there is a correlation between the VIN & the body numbers on the car on B029 cars.
Mark Janaky
1968 Hemi S/S Registry
dart4261964@yahoo.com

Cool car but it is NOT "restored to a as delivered race car" as the ad says. Any why no title? Motor/Trans info? Or just put in a stocker to sell? But if you're gonna spend 70k for a tag and title spend the extra $$ and buy this for sure. I know of factory BO and LO cars modified priced from 100 - 200 and some with real ss motors in them. Charlie costs extra.

Unless the car has some solid documentation or can be proven beyond a simple VIN number I'd be careful on any purchase. Realistically speaking, unless you're going to use it as a museum piece why buy an original anyway? Registering it would be damn near impossible, it's too valuable to race NOW and as an owner of 3 clones, they're not the most comfortable cars to try to cruise in. My advice to anyone looking for a Hemi Dart/Barracuda is buy or build" as shipped" or "as raced", go easy on the engine mods and enjoy what you got. Use the money you were going to spend on an original to improve your shop, trailer, whatever and be happy...……...

Unless the car has some solid documentation or can be proven beyond a simple VIN number I'd be careful on any purchase. Realistically speaking, unless you're going to use it as a museum piece why buy an original anyway? Registering it would be damn near impossible, it's too valuable to race NOW and as an owner of 3 clones, they're not the most comfortable cars to try to cruise in. My advice to anyone looking for a Hemi Dart/Barracuda is buy or build" as shipped" or "as raced", go easy on the engine mods and enjoy what you got. Use the money you were going to spend on an original to improve your shop, trailer, whatever and be happy...……...
3 must have worked a bunch of ot

3 must have worked a bunch of ot
LOTS of ot !! LOL! And it was worth it. These cars, even clones, replicas or whatever you want to call them are fast, fun and EVERYONE car fan or not, understands a lowly Dart with a Hemi is something you don't want to mess with. Even veteran racers will admit they're a handful & a serious car to contend with

I'm working on one or I should say gathering parts and dust. Really got at least 90+ percent of the stuff just need space & some $$ to start to put it together, It's a original 383 4 speed car but when I purchased it, it already had tubs in it and a roll bar so I figured a hemi was just right. Also have a 500 ci motor. Someday I guess.

So tell me a little about them and which one is the fastest.
The first one was a true clone in appearance. The engine was put together with old parts acquired from a local S/S racer. It had the "K"alum. heads, a lightened block & old school 2-ring piston set-up, a solid lifter cam. in front of a manually shifter 727 with a 4000 stall converter running back to a 8 3/4 rear, S/S springs. The frame was ties together & it had a 6-point rollbar. That car got sold to a person in Missouri then later to someone in Conneticutt.
The second car was a "big-tire" car, tubbed, 9in Ford rear, 4-link, frame tied & a 12-point cage. Front suspension was a home-made R&P set-up that was a nightmare. The engine was a 528 cu.in Ray Barton motor much like a mid '70s S/S motor. That car went to Alberta, Canada.
My current car is posted on here somewhere. It's a combo of the two--- mini-tubbed, 9in Ford with 4:30 gears & M/W axles, 12-point 'cage,stock front-end, 4-wheel disc brakes, 727 ATI trans with brake & 4500stall converter, Ray Barton 528, alum headed Hemi with 13:1 pistons, solid lifter cam & a later Mopar x-ram. It's kind of a cross between a '60s S/S (body & chassis) & a mid '70s S/S (engine & trans) car. Which one is/was faster? My current car. While the second was more trick, it was nowhere near as reliable or consistent.

The pics of my current car are in "Post Pics of Your Dart" thread.

Last edited:
I know where a real one is, still turn key race ready with 5 spare hemi engines for 80K.
The owner raced it until he is too old to drive, has a friend drive it for him when leaves the garage.
He is ready to let it go after all these years, it has been raced since day one.

I know where a real one is, still turn key race ready with 5 spare hemi engines for 80K.
The owner raced it until he is too old to drive, has a friend drive it for him when leaves the garage.
He is ready to let it go after all these years, it has been raced since day one.
Looks like time for a (another) loan.

That's a steal by any standard! I'd happily buy it if I could. There's a person in Phoenix that has one, he wants something like 225k for---and that's just the car! Stupid money, IMO as it's neither restored nor an up-to-date race car.

-
Back