value of transmissions

-

Dart_Guy

Reaction score
Hello all. This weekend i pulled my tranny from my Dart and now I got two laying around.

I got a 904 from a 71 /6 Dart and a 727 from unknown vehicle. My '69 Dart was a 4 speed originally and will be again. The previous owner swapped in an auto and I don't know where it came from.

So, what is a fair asking price for these? I got a small garage and need the space. If anyone on here is interested let me know...

the slant trans isn't worth much.

small block 727 maybe $75-$150. its a core for a rebuild .

I figured, I would be giving the small one away, if I can even do that. The larger one, I was hoping to get a couple bucks out of it... I have seen them on craigslist around here for upwards of 300 and that seemed high to me...

I got a small block 727 at Carlilse last year for $60.00. Most there were $100

That seems more reasonable and if I were still living in PA I would ask 100 to start and let them talk me down. Ever since I moved to Colorado I realized how much cheaper PA was to live in. I see people put things on craigslist for what I think is a joke so i just needed a 2nd opinion.

I posted it for 175 to see if I get any calls... There is another posted at 300... Crazy. And I posted the 904 as free...

thanks for the input!

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/1222456378.html

-
Back