Valve Cover recommendation

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Does anyone have a valve cover recommendations for a 340?..ones that clear roller rocker assemblies. My Direct Connection valve cover baffles are hitting the poly locks on one rocker on each side. I would prefer ones with no logo...but I'll use what works.

Can you alter the baffle?

Maybe run two VC gaskets.

Does anyone have a valve cover recommendations for a 340?..ones that clear roller rocker assemblies. My Direct Connection valve cover baffles are hitting the poly locks on one rocker on each side. I would prefer ones with no logo...but I'll use what works.

My Comp Cams rocker were also hitting Direct Connection valve covers. I hammered the baffles slightly and used extra thick (.35, I think) Felpro cork gaskets from Summit Racing. Works okay so far...

Good idea..both of you. I thought of altering the baffles. I just didn't want to mess up the breathers. Engine has lots of pressure.

I know what you mean about the breathers. I bought some grommets from Mancini (mopar I think) and trimmed them down. Then I drilled a few small holes through the baffles (valve cover removed of course), because they were very close to the breather.

I'll do what you did. The DC valve covers are cool. Alter the baffles, drill holes and use the cork gaskets. The rubber gaskets leak. I think I'll have to use a PCV valve on one side and a breather on the other..just to be safe.

Got them at a yard sale

Picture 004.jpg

I'll do what you did. The DC valve covers are cool. Alter the baffles, drill holes and use the cork gaskets. The rubber gaskets leak. I think I'll have to use a PCV valve on one side and a breather on the other..just to be safe.

Check out his thread for pictures of my Direct Connection valve covers with breather and PCV. Notice how I turned the grommet upside down for the PCV (it works).

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=60549

Grommets from Mancini Racing: http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/breatcapgrom.html

I have an extra set of sheet metal valve covers. My buddy bought them when I got mine and has changed his mind. They are brand new w/hardware for installation.
SANY0007-vi.jpg

You decide where to cut them for breathers and PCV. I have a set on my car and they've been leak-free from day one.
TTI024-vi.jpg

PM me as this really isn't the place to discuss this.
:-D

I used Moroso tall covers and have no roller rocker interference problems. :) IIRC, they under 60 bucks a set.

I'm using these Mopar performance ones with comp cam roller rockers,no issues with hitting the baffles..

duster 009.jpg

While I appreciate and highly repect all the ideas and suggestions you have all shared with me I have now a bigger dilimma. I'm nauseas and need to throw up after looking at all your beautiful engine compartments and engine set ups.

-
Back