Valve Cover spacers

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance here. I want to run fabricated valve covers on my 408 stroker with Victor 340 intake manifold. I know the valve covers will not clear the intake and rather than notching the valve covers, I would prefer to run a valve cover spacer. My question is, what is the minimum height spacer I need to clear the Victor 340?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Looking for some guidance here. I want to run fabricated valve covers on my 408 stroker with Victor 340 intake manifold. I know the valve covers will not clear the intake and rather than notching the valve covers, I would prefer to run a valve cover spacer. My question is, what is the minimum height spacer I need to clear the Victor 340?

Thanks in advance,
Bill
I have fabricated valve covers on my Trickflow heads and the covers clear my Indy cylinder head single plane intake. Sorry I know thats not a answer. I would recommend you contact Pittsburgh Racer. He runs that intake and he might know the answer to your question

I have a Victor 340 on my 340 running plain old fabricated covers. I just double up the gaskets

IMG_5573.jpeg

IMG_3046.jpeg

Thanks in advance,
Bill

If your valve covers hit the intake manifold your manifold isn’t fitted correctly.

If your valve covers hit the intake manifold your manifold isn’t fitted correctly.

I really hate to disagree with you but I’m going to. The raised runners on the Victor340 and especially the Super Victor can and will hit after market valve covers with the internal bolts. These fab covers are wider and with the intake runners being higher presents an issue.

I’m at the track now so I can’t measure the ones on my car or my spare set at home but I think mine are 3/8 inch. Word of advice is fit the up on an. Engine stand because my holes needed oblonged on my Indy heads and clearanced for pushrods on both sets.

I really hate to disagree with you but I’m going to. The raised runners on the Victor340 and especially the Super Victor can and will hit after market valve covers with the internal bolts. These fab covers are wider and with the intake runners being higher presents an issue.

Been a bit since I’ve even seen a Victor. Even longer since I’ve seen a SV. Maybe I can persuade @lead69 to drag his up here so I can get a look at it. I’ve seen it before but I wasn’t paying attention to it.

I very well could be wrong. It would be the first time and I won’t make a habit of it.

Yeah, I am thinking 3/8's is all I need.

Thanks,
Bill

Found a picture today of the pushrod clearancing I had to do. Thinking this is the set I did for my Indy heads

5BFB4685-8F53-49A5-8A2A-940CC67F2FA7.jpeg

-
Back