Valve Covers

-
i have a buddy who ran some on his 318, he loved them, plus they made that 318 look sweet! but as far as i know they never leaked, so thats a plus! imo.. great buy for the money

those look really good Im partial to my mopar alumi ones though

Billy's bought quite a few things from KMJ Performance and has always been happy with his purchases. Keep in mind though that I've had several sets of other fabricated valve covers show up here for customization and most had pinholes (or worse) in the welding. If you buy any, hold them to the light and inspect them well before you install 'em. :-D (I don't recall if any were KMJ's valve covers offhand.)

Billy's bought quite a few things from KMJ Performance and has always been happy with his purchases. Keep in mind though that I've had several sets of other fabricated valve covers show up here for customization and most had pinholes (or worse) in the welding. If you buy any, hold them to the light and inspect them well before you install 'em. :-D (I don't recall if any were KMJ's valve covers offhand.)

or just fill them with water and see if they leak

Thanks for all the quick reply's. Looks like I will be buying a set. And yes, I agree, they will look good next to a polished 6-71.

Jack

I too was looking at those. I love the look of the fabricated covers. What turned me off of the KMJ covers though was the way the bolt bores stick up above the cover surface. It may not be a big deal but I personally didn't like it. And I wasn't too crazy about the screws that came with them either. Check these other ones out. They have flush bores and allen head bolts which I think look a little better. BUT, I do not know of their quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330808830491?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I too was looking at those. I love the look of the fabricated covers. What turned me off of the KMJ covers though was the way the bolt bores stick up above the cover surface. It may not be a big deal but I personally didn't like it. And I wasn't too crazy about the screws that came with them either. Check these other ones out. They have flush bores and allen head bolts which I think look a little better. BUT, I do not know of their quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330808830491?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

They look to be about the same quality. Appear to be made in "CHINA".

Did you have a look in the guy's store. It's a Chevy guys paradise. LOL

Jack

Damn - That ia going to be a NICE piece. Remind me to NEVER pull up beside you at a set of lights!

:violent1:

Everybody from a scooter to a muscle car will be able to beat me. I'll never get off the line without going up in smoke. LOL

Jack

I bought a intake manifold from them that was junk, there customeer service took care of it with no problems.

I agree with the look of the bolt bores, I went with these fabricated aluminum ones a few years ago on my Power Wagon...I mounted the breathers on the inside wall and ground down all the welds then decided to paint them, the look was definatley unique and got alot of attention, people thought it was something special and modern..but it was just a 1976 360. of course these cost twice what the KMJ ones, but half of what the Moroso ones are.

Attachments

• powerwagon (23).jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 133
  • powerwagon (29).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 121
I ordered a set of the skipwhite valve covers along with a oil fill cap and a breather with a hose bib for evac. We will see how good they are in about a week.

Jack

-
Back