valve lash question

-

RJK3

8 3/4 Hoarder
Reaction score
Trying to help my Dad with his 440. He is switching from 1.5 rockers to 1.6. Does the rocker change, change the valve lash spec? INDY heads, .650 lift cam.

Thanks for the help guys!

He does understand that your going from .650 lift to .693? Will the springs take the added lift? When you increase lift you need to check for coil bind, retainer to valve guide clearance, valve to piston clearance. There are several things to consider here.

you also increase duration on both sides, just a bit though. Probably wont notice it over the huge valve increase youll see.

He does understand that your going from .650 lift to .693? Will the springs take the added lift? When you increase lift you need to check for coil bind, retainer to valve guide clearance, valve to piston clearance. There are several things to consider here.

Yes, he knows about the increased lift. That's what he's after. The engine is being gone through by the machine shop, so I'm sure they'll make sure all is good. Its a knew to him engine and car, a little more "exotic" than what he's run for the last 40 years. This is the first ratio change that he's done and wasn't sure.
Thanks a lot for the info and considerations , I'll pass it on to him.

When I went to 1:6's it would snap adjusters like it was it's job. 1:5's it didn't. They were 2 different band roller rockers though.

-
Back