Valve Lash

-

Belltek821

Reaction score
I've got a question about lash adjustment. Bought my car with the motor already built 360/Holley600DP/Stock Heads/M1 Single Plan intake. I've got a solid lift cam but not sure on the exact specs. The guy I bought it from told me it was a .527 lift cam, but Mopar doesn't make such a beast to my knowledge. I had a Mopar Lash adjustment decal on the firewall when I purchased the car. I'm assuming the lash decal came with the cam that's in the car, but I hate to assume and cause major problems. I know the lash set up is .028 Intake and .032 Exhaust on Mopar cams. Anyone have any other ideas other than pulling the cam out? I've attached a copy of the lash decal. Thanks

Attachments

• lashdecal.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 180
maybe he was .001 and it is a MP .528 cam....

have you checked the lash to see what it is set at?

I've got a question about lash adjustment. Bought my car with the motor already built 360/Holley600DP/Stock Heads/M1 Single Plan intake. I've got a solid lift cam but not sure on the exact specs. The guy I bought it from told me it was a .527 lift cam, but Mopar doesn't make such a beast to my knowledge. I had a Mopar Lash adjustment decal on the firewall when I purchased the car. I'm assuming the lash decal came with the cam that's in the car, but I hate to assume and cause major problems. I know the lash set up is .028 Intake and .032 Exhaust on Mopar cams. Anyone have any other ideas other than pulling the cam out? I've attached a copy of the lash decal. Thanks

That decal is only showing you the order in which to adjust each valve. Not the recommended lash setting (clearance).

I understand the decal shows the order of adjustment
for doing the lash, not the clearance. My question is does that decal
come with a MP cam when you buy one? If it does then I would be safe to assume that
setting the lash at .028intake and .032exhaust will be the correct
lash setting for the cam that's in my car. It's a Valiant that came
with a 6 in it, I know the factory didn't put it on the firewall. Thanks

I understand the decal shows the order of valve adjustment. My question is does that decal come with a MP aftermarket cam? My car is a 69 Valiant that came with a slant 6, so the decal didn't come from the factory.

yes...that decal come with a mopar cam....and that decal used to be able to be bought by itself

set them .028 int and .032 exhaust, trust me despite what anyone else says...it will run best and do what it's supposed to do.
I run the same cam, for years..

x2 makes em kinda loud but thats the right lash on those old mopar grinds.

-
Back