valve seal help

-

n00blike

Reaction score
So i was started to replace the seals on my heads today and noticed that the seals that were installed are not like the seals i got from the parts store.

It looks like all the seals but one are the same and that one is the only one that looks like the ones i got from the parts store.

These are the ones that are on all but one.

p1020879.jpg

p1020880j.jpg

p1020881m.jpg

and there is the odd ball one.
p1020882x.jpg

p1020883t.jpg

and here are the ones i got from the parts store.
p1020887m.jpg

Are the seals with the spring around the top some new style of seals? If so what are they called? Im guessing i can get them at the parts store.

Can i get rid of the odd ball one and make them all the same? Or does that chamfer prevent it. What would you guys recommend?

the top seal is called a pc type seal, mostly used with dual spring setups. the lower ones are the stock type ones. the ones on the lower left are the exhaust and the intakes are on the right. as far as using the pc seals you will want to check the clearance between the spring retainer and seal at your cams lift to make sure it doesn't hit then have the guide machined down since the pc type is taller.

thanks! I just spent the last 2hrs driving around and no one seems to carry them......looks like ill go to the place that rebuild it.

i finished taking the heads apart and it looks like the only difference was the seal. Every thing els on the head look like the other head. So i guess i just need to fin these seals...

-
Back