valve seals on exhaust side of turbo big block.

-

moturbopar

Reaction score
Im wondering, if I should run exhaust valve seals on a turbo engine. On other engines I have left the exhaust seals off, to get a little more oil in the guide, since the valves run hotter, trying to keep them from seizing. The only engines I have put the seals on are Ford 2.3s since they eat up guides like crazy. Had one valve seize on the 2.3. So what do you think seals or no seals?

if you don't put the seals on them you could end up with pressure in your valve covers/oil smell

I leave the seals off. If your using the factory umbrella seals then you'd be ok with them.

If you run an oil additive with Linkite you won't have to worry about the guides getting destroyed!!

I use Prolong but there are others like Z-Max. Stay away from Slick50!!!!!

Just my 2 pennies

I don't see why you'd ever need seals on the exhaust side......there's more pressure in that exhaust port than normal and if the guides are good, I wouldn't think oil consumption would be a problem. I'd be paranoid of not enough lube there too.

I'm not really sure there's an engine on the planet that really needs seals on the exhaust valves.

-
Back