Valve springs for .528 MP cam

-

BBBCUDA

Reaction score
I am thinking of swapping the MP .528 lift mechanical cam into my 383. What would be a good valve spring for this? I was thinking the Comp 924-16's looked good. Thanks.

What is wrong with the MoPar suggested spring to use?

FYI, the Comp spring needs to have the seat cut n thehead for useage while the MP spring is a bolt in no issues.

some of the MP valve springs price has gotten stupid....

My heads are already set for doubles, if need be. I can get a set of the Comp springs for around $100. I don't want to kill it with too much spring, but I don't want it floating at 5,500 either. The 924-16's look like a pretty soft spring for a double. If anyone has a suggestion for an appropriate seat and open poundage, that would be useful also. Thanks.

in a small block it's listed as 28-6900, and with the 383 stroke being short...I'd say thats pretty close, however you can pull 800 rpm out of it with 6* advance.fwiw

I've been running the small block version and have had it at 110, 105, 107 int cl.

nice cam.

Crane 99838s.
If you can still get them.

They are still available. They are a bit stiffer than the ones I was looking at. Have you run these for an extended length of time without issue? Thanks.

I'm running 924's on a .518 lift mech with a fairly steep ramp, no float at 7000rpm, and I saw someone is selling a set in the mechanical parts for sale section

I'm running 924's on a .518 lift mech with a fairly steep ramp, no float at 7000rpm, and I saw someone is selling a set in the mechanical parts for sale section

Yeah, I saw that too... 8) Thanks for the input. I figure I will be shifting under 7,000 due to the RPM intake mostly.

They are still available. They are a bit stiffer than the ones I was looking at. Have you run these for an extended length of time without issue? Thanks.

Not in bigblocks but in Aussie hemi sixes.
Cam was 311deg adv dur and 573 thou valve lift.
Spin to a little over 8000rpm.

get the competition products catalog it has everything about valvesprings check the specs on what you need go to said book they will have a 80.00 to 100.00$ alternative.

im running that cam in my 360. If i remember correctly the springs were 140 at seat, and i remember for sure that they are 350 at max lift, with coil bind just after that.

im running that cam in my 360. If i remember correctly the springs were 140 at seat, and i remember for sure that they are 350 at max lift, with coil bind just after that.

Pretty stiff spring, then. When I get around to swapping it, I figure I will use the Crane single springs that are on the heads to break it in, and then swap the doubles on.

Well, for a quick update, I got a set of MP "077" springs for a great price from a member here. As a bonus, I finally noticed on my cam box they are the recommended spring from Mopar for the .528 solid. They are a pretty stout looking double spring.

I like the 924's in around 124-126# Seat Pressure,
however,
that is WITH the Inners installed,
because,
as always, the Cam break-in must be run in with the inners REMOVED and a good Zinc additive in the Oil.
Install the inner springs AFTER the Cam break-in, for the 124-126# seat pressure.

-
Back