Vanishing Point

-
.......................Yeah...............he da man............kim...........

Don...nooo.,,,,,kim.....let's put this into "real life"

He's supposed to deliver "my car"

He beats the livin PISS out of the car, speeds, throws cigarettes and trash all over the inside, dings it up, throws gravel and rocks all over the paint.......

Gets real high on whatever you get high on......

and then explodes him and MY car into a dozer in the end

all for a bet that he can get from here to there in a set amount of tie

Been a long time, isn't that really about right?

And.......back then, just how much could you make for doing that, anyhow?

It had an existential meaning that went over my head. Remember in the opening scene, he skids to a stop in front of the dozers and turns around. In the ending scene he repeats the take but vanishes into the blades, sort of a teenage "what the hell" attitude. Too deep for me.

I have heard rumors of a theatrical re-make, on-and-off again...not a Fox TV movie, a 'bigtime' re-make. If they do, hopefully they won't CGI all the stunts (as well as making them completely stupid a la "Fast and Furious" BS)

Great flick,. I had heard that was actually a Camaro they wrecked at the end.

it was a camode at the end they crashed in the original vanishing point.dirty mary crazy lary another great one ,and the original gone in 60 seconds ,great flicks.

I have heard rumors of a theatrical re-make, on-and-off again...not a Fox TV movie, a 'bigtime' re-make. If they do, hopefully they won't CGI all the stunts (as well as making them completely stupid a la "Fast and Furious" BS)

they did a remake it was with vigo morginson and it sucked. They wrecked a 68-70 charger and the challenger. It was horrible.

Least when KOWALSKI slam the Camaro in to the dozers, the back end was still pretty much intact. Today's pos cars would be totally crush beyond saving any part of it.

If you watch all the credits at the end you can see they check to see that a body was inside, KOWALSKI is all burnt up, black as coal

Too bad it was a low budget film

There is also a longer European film which shows KOWALSKI picking up some thin French gal and they smoke a joint and I believe make out. She was gone came sunrise and that is when he said screw it and ram the dozers.

It was many many years till I seen the edited part, was ban in the USA when the film first came out, I got the DVD and that had both films. The movie made a bit more sense after seeing the hitchhiker gal.

That movie would never ever be made today as is, look at what he pulled with road construction, flying pass them, flag guy waving him not to go and he charges ahead--and gets away, ha ha

original rocks i have it on dvd,

and on the point of new cars flipped my 96 ram this morning 3 times and still managed to drive it over a hour home with a swelled knee and welt from the seatbelt:blob:

The trucks aren't bad and if you lower them all the better

But these cars like KIA, those just bend all over from a good hit. Doors fly open, parts fall off. Cars used to be made to get hit, now they are made to handle better and avoid many accidents but if a 55 mph hit happens, omg

That movie car hit the dozers at 120

I disagree with the assumption that today's cars are inferior in terms of crash survivability. I reality, the opposite is true. In fact, this has been said many times on this forum. Today's cars are designed to crumple, which absorbs the impact. Of course, slamming into a bulldozer is not going to be survivable in any car.

there is not one doubt in my mind if i had been in a cobalt or nitro or fusion i would be typing this from heaven right now period

I like that they smash a 67 Camaro into the dozers. :) even in 70 the challenger was to cool for that.

I've watching a awful lot of IFC lately.

Hmmmmm.

I have both , the long euro version of the first and the second where he's a good christian boy trying to get home for the birth of his child but a bad cop frames him to get the other states after him , was a very lame movie to say the least

I disagree with the assumption that today's cars are inferior in terms of crash survivability. I reality, the opposite is true. In fact, this has been said many times on this forum. Today's cars are designed to crumple, which absorbs the impact. Of course, slamming into a bulldozer is not going to be survivable in any car.

That is what they claim but look at real world crashes and what happens, many times dead on impact.

Has anybody totaled one and chat on back they are OK now ?

I totaled 2 non air bag cars, a 1970 and a 1986, both were hard hits, very hard. T bone a pick up at 50-55 mph and woke up when they checked my plause, I walked away and sign the paper refusing treatment ...the 70 mph crash I lucked out a bit being in ER 15 mins after.

Today death rates are low due to longer red lights and more left turn arrows. Traffic rarely goes 45 mph through green lights, lights are red for a min and green for 30 seconds.

45 mph crashes used to have grown men walk away from, not anymore.
Wrecks that look minor can be serious now--why children should not be in the front seat with an air bag. well guess what, I value my life as much as a kid...if it can kill them, it can kill me

No, those old 1974 Bluesmobiles they were safer in a crash. Didn't handle the road as good but it protected you

-
Back