Vanishing Point

-
Dead people can't write on here how they were going 40 mph cross over the centerline and was dead a mintue later--that is what can happen now.

Watch Crazy Larry ram a truck and get pissed off the car needs some repairs--that was a real crash. Today cars going that speed injures the driver 99% of the time. Larry had no injures...watch the movie, they had real stunt drivers back then-yeah they wore helmets, still people used to live.

People used to drive faster and drink more, impaired used to be .1 and .15 was drunk, today the speeds off the freeways are lower and less drunks

Don't forget what has to be a tribute to this movie, GRINDHOUSE DEATH PROOF. Mentions it by name as a matter of fact. Kurt Russel plays a good wierdo pervert named Stuntman Mike.

Plus, the lap dance scene is pretty good too!

Attachments

• ferlito6.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 89
This happen 3 days ago, no speeds posted but 4 pm, they likely were going 35--45 mph each, both killed on impact--both young men, this is what really happens in hard crashes today, insurance saves money, no need to rush you to ER and your off the road for good--another reason death rates are dropping no more guys who totaled out a few cars still on the roads.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/...rs-killed-in-head.html#storylink=omni_popular

Two men were killed Monday in a head-on crash in Puyallup.

Authorities had not identified the two men, who collided just after 4 p.m. on River Road and 30th Avenue East. There were no passengers in either vehicle.

The 29-year-old driver of a Kia Sorento SUV was heading south on River Road when he “swerved to the left, crossing the double turn lane and entered the traffic going northbound,” Washington State Patrol trooper Guy Gill said.

The SUV struck a northbound Dodge Neon driven by a 31-year-old Lakewood man.

Both men were pronounced dead at the scene. Gill said the driver of the SUV, who was from Bonney Lake, was not wearing a seat belt.

It was unclear why he swerved into oncoming traffic.

Dead people can't write on here how they were going 40 mph cross over the centerline and was dead a mintue later--that is what can happen now.

Watch Crazy Larry ram a truck and get pissed off the car needs some repairs--that was a real crash. Today cars going that speed injures the driver 99% of the time. Larry had no injures...watch the movie, they had real stunt drivers back then-yeah they wore helmets, still people used to live.

People used to drive faster and drink more, impaired used to be .1 and .15 was drunk, today the speeds off the freeways are lower and less drunks

Actually the speed limits are higher these days.

Major highways used to be 55mph, now they're 65 or higher.

I've seen both sides of the story in the towing business (run a Wrecker & Rollback on the side, as well as working as a mechanic)

I've seen people die in wrecks in newer cars, that they would have survived in an older vehicle. And I've seen people survive in wrecks in newer vehicles that would have resulted in death in an older vehicle. And I've even seen "just plain lucky"

if you don't mind a quote from Stuntman Mike....

"Well, nowadays unfortunately you're right more often than not. But back in the all or nothing days, the Vanishing Point days, the Dirty Mary Crazy Larry days, the White Line Fever days, they had real cars crashing into real cars and real dumb people driving em."
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462322/quotes?qt0334740

I wish I'd thought this up....

"Think of the sound of the wind blowing over the mouth of a Pepsi bottle...":toothy5:

Attachments

• challanger-death-proof.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 88
I disagree with the assumption that today's cars are inferior in terms of crash survivability. I reality, the opposite is true. In fact, this has been said many times on this forum. Today's cars are designed to crumple, which absorbs the impact. Of course, slamming into a bulldozer is not going to be survivable in any car.
i'm with him on this one

Actually the speed limits are higher these days.

Major highways used to be 55mph, now they're 65 or higher.

I've seen both sides of the story in the towing business (run a Wrecker & Rollback on the side, as well as working as a mechanic)

I've seen people die in wrecks in newer cars, that they would have survived in an older vehicle. And I've seen people survive in wrecks in newer vehicles that would have resulted in death in an older vehicle. And I've even seen "just plain lucky"
Actually the 55 mph speed limit didn't come in until well after both of those movies were released .

Actually the 55 mph speed limit didn't come in until well after both of those movies were released .

That's right – 1974 . It was a provision of the Emergency Highway Energy Conservation Act that prohibited speed limits higher than 55 miles per hour (89 km/h).

I don't care what anyone says, it's still the best car movie made......

I thought everybody hated Death Proof???

I really enjoyed it!!

It is my favorite film. Have the tatoo (skull) and hopefully a clone of the Death Proof Charger one day. Mine is a '70 though..

-
Back