Velocity stack custom filter

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
So been playing around with ideas for some time. I want to use the velocity stack but I do not want any filters on top. The only filter for just the velocity stack is a small round element that to me wouldnt do much filtering. So I bought a pair of these small filters..... Anyone see any issues running like this?

Attachments

• stack.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 351
  • stack2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 326
  • stack3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 400
Might be restrictive depending on the motor.

Another thing I might worry about its the bottom rubber coming unglued and getting sucked in the engine. Id just make a grate to go under the filter, better safe than sorry rite?

Yes i put the top back on. I could come up with something that sits on top of the mounting bolt to separate the bottom and top. going on a tunnel ram 440. I cant see this being any more restrictive then some of the small pan style filters ive seen.

Yes i put the top back on. I could come up with something that sits on top of the mounting bolt to separate the bottom and top. going on a tunnel ram 440. I cant see this being any more restrictive then some of the small pan style filters ive seen.

the small pan ones are very restrictive and some people dont relize this and all the need for one can be corrected by ussin a drop base for the filter

I understand i may not get the full effect of the velocity stack but.. IM looking for a good way to properly filter with out having to run a filter on top.

i think it will be alright just have to clean them frequently...

-
Back