vent window frame removal?

-
Still trying to get the screw in front middle of door behind plastic plug to break free to get window out. Trying real hard not to twist it off !!!!:wack:

is yours a phillips screw or allen wrench?-- put the tool in place & lightly tap it with a hammer a couple of times, Lawrence

Tools on hand and method employed make a difference.
I like the hex keys and other tips that include socket drive along with a 3/8 pull bar.
A sudden crack it loose often works better than slowly accumulating force.
If you have a loose hex key or keys in a folding kit, a hammer blow will likely just bounce. Good luck with it.

These pictures are from a 70 dart door. The 71 doors are the same I don't know about any other years. Remove the black plug next to my finger and use a 3/16 allen wrench to get the bolt out. This bolt goes into a bracket shown by the black handled screw driver the other screw drivers show the location of the other bolts.
This info really helped on my 67 Cuda THANKS!!

On some Mopar vehicles the front window removal must be done a a certain sequence; i.e., roll the window all the way down. Remove all the fasteners on the divider bar so it is loose. Pull the top of the divider bar up and to the rear, until the divider bar won't go back any further. This moves the front window channel away from the window so you can remove the window. Then the divider bar can come the rest of the way out.

Again, this doesn't apply to all Mopars; just some.

-
Back