Vent window seal

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
There is some sort of a seal that the vent glass sits in and is sandwiched in the lower pivot. Is it reproduced?

I could tomorrow. The piece im talking about is the lower chrome piece that has the pivot pin. There is a rubber seal, at least what seems to be, that the vent glass sits in. Almost seems like it's suppose to be glued to the bottom of the glass but mine slid right off the glass when I removed it from the frame.

It's glass setting tape 1/16" thick x 1 1/2" wide available at a glass shop or on the net. You press it down in the pivot with the glass then trim the excess.

Thanks. Would that be the same for the rear edge of the side window and the chrome strip?

I know this thread is old but I'm reviving it. I've finally got to the point where I have my chrome and polished trim back from powder coat and it's time for reassembly. I bought a roll of glass setting tape 1/16" x 1.5" and it seems very soft like butyl. Is it suppose to be like that? I was expecting it to be more rubbery. I also read that mineral oil should be applied to the exposed tape to make it expand and seal better. Can anyone please educate me?

-
Back