venting under hood Heat

-
98 Grand Cherokee with 5.9 had hood vents located near the front of the hood, just behind the radiator. This is a high vacuum area when the vehicle is moving to help draw air out.
Or you could use side vents through the fenders between the wheel and door. Think of a coronet RT side scoop turned backwards to draw air out instead of scoop air in.

Last edited:
The problem with these ideas is "I like my cowl vents." INTO the interior, that is. If you vent the hood, seems like the passenger compartment will suffer. If you have a good radiator and fan, why does it NEED venting?

The problem with these ideas is "I like my cowl vents." INTO the interior, that is. If you vent the hood, seems like the passenger compartment will suffer. If you have a good radiator and fan, why does it NEED venting?
Don't know just saw some post. Glad to hear it thanks

can raise rear of hood about 1/2 inch, or have seen holes drilled into the inner fender rear of the shock towers also.

This cured my higher than normal under hood temps.

20160312_152148_resized.jpg

this is B body stuff, done this several times before. yes the 67 Bel1 that was a slant is getting a BB, it will have the hole cut in hood and the low profile hemi scoop. helps a bunch reduce engine heat and help with high temps you can see with sorry gas we have.

-
Back