venturi pcv

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I got the Moroso venturi PCV pipe and it has a V notch in it . When installed it looks like it will be right in the exhaust flow. does that sound right? Also the directions say to put it in the header collector. Has anyone put it in the header flange a little more down stream? The velocity will be a little faster but more important easier to weld Thanks for all your help guys

What engine?

Dont know if this guy knows what he is talking about but...

Boy I have no idea.......other than to follow what "people who are supposed to know" and we all know that is many times right, sometimes wrong. Found this..
http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/race/pic/evac.gif
proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moparts.org%2FTech%2FArchive%2Frace%2Fpic%2Fevac.gif

You install that siphon pipe (that’s what it really is) based on the diameter of the collector. I can’t remember if a bigger collector means you install it deeper or the other way around.

Edit see post three and number 5 on the instruction sheet. It goes in 1/2 inch for 2.5-3.0 inch collectors and 3/4 inch for 3.5-4.0 collectors.

Last edited:
That thing is gonna suck big time. Thats the same principle of the HF venturi vacuum pump that you hook to an air source to, it can pull 30 inches. My Mazda has a pulse injection that used the same principle, its a venturi in the exhaust manifold and you can really feel the suction, enough to pull a rubber glove down a 1/2 inch hose...:)

That thing is gonna suck big time. Thats the same principle of the HF venturi vacuum pump that you hook to an air source to, it can pull 30 inches. My Mazda has a pulse injection that used the same principle, its a venturi in the exhaust manifold and you can really feel the suction, enough to pull a rubber glove down a 1/2 inch hose...:)
WAY WAY back before I graduated high school, about 65 this was, we were having a car wash at a local service station. I knew the owner, went to school with his son. Owner was showing me their vacuum for cleaning cars.......hooked to an air hose.

Thre is a basement sump pump that runs off of water flow. It hooks up to your house water supply, when the power fails the water starts flowing and sucks the water out of the sump.

Thre is a basement sump pump that runs off of water flow. It hooks up to your house water supply, when the power fails the water starts flowing and sucks the water out of the sump.
NO KIDDING I've never seen one.

You guys know what a "hydraulic ram" pump is? My Gramps had one. runs on water flow from gravity above it, pumps "part of it's own water up higher yet.

-
Back