Verify cam gear for me

-

dkbug

Reaction score
This is the type with one cam bolt right? Can you buy just the gear or pully with the 3 bolts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-30-11-49-37.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 135
1; Yes
2; I don't think so but I would poke around to see if you could.

@oldkimmer do you know what company offers that gear?

The thing is, I am buying a cam from an individual and its the 3-bolt type. I would like to have everything matching.

.................Not sure as I got mine years ago from Direct Connection/Mopar Performance, but maybe 1 of the engine builders on here can point u in the right direction......kim........

dkbug, here's a cloyes on rock auto

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=6092&cc=1435028&jnid=519&jpid=3

With that being said, and not to step on toes, but I personally would look at a complete set, the reasoning being there are different pitches on the teeth due to manufacturers having different roller diameters on the chains. Rock auto lists two double roller chains made by cloyes, one is a 1/4" roller with the other being 3/8. My point being if you mix and match and things are not the same it will create some issues. The p/n on the chains are 9146 and 9134. This is just a quick example of differences.

I looked this up under a 69 coronet 440.

dkbug, here's a cloyes on rock auto

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=6092&cc=1435028&jnid=519&jpid=3

With that being said, and not to step on toes, but I personally would look at a complete set, the reasoning being there are different pitches on the teeth due to manufacturers having different roller diameters on the chains. Rock auto lists two double roller chains made by cloyes, one is a 1/4" roller with the other being 3/8. My point being if you mix and match and things are not the same it will create some issues. The p/n on the chains are 9146 and 9134. This is just a quick example of differences.

I looked this up under a 69 coronet 440.

Yeah different pitches and diameters spells disaster. Complete set it is. Thanks guys. You rock!!

the pins on the chain are easily measured for diameter, and it is not necessary to measure pitch as the pitch will be taken care of by the corresponding pin diameter. the more expensive the set the larger the pins, I have measured .200" .225" .250" on various engines. this is a common part of freshening up performance engines, as chains are sold separately by cloyes, edelbrock, elgin etc.

-
Back