Very nice 340 dyno video

-
Good numbers for what looks like a simple build! Maybe I Gould rebuild that '69 340 I've got laying around to replace the old 318 in my '77 D100...

Nice power plant. It should make that a happpy driver of that truck.

I remember the day I spent in the dyno room. The guy who ran the dyno made little tweaks and changes as I watched the numbers go up. First, it started right up for its break in session. I was very proud since I built the engine in my garage. The final numbers were 355/391. When I put the motor in the car I went to my local chassis dyno wrench who saw a couple of things that just didn't look right so he made changes that really woke the engine up. But its not just about horsepower. It has to be the full package. Engine, carb(and keeping that cool),trans, TQ and rear gear ratio all have to work together to make the real power. My thumbwheel radio works but the only station I get is a Hispanic station so radio is turned off all the time. I'd rather listen to the engine anyway. Especially on WOT. Legally of course!. great video

LMAO! Radio stuck on a Spanish speaking station! OMLord! Ha ha ha ha!

Yea, I guess that could suck if you don't know the language!
Save for a "retrosound" radio. ;)

Did they happen to mention which voodoo camshaft was in it?

No, not that I heard them mention it...

He didn't mention the grind # unfortunately but I would have to believe it is one of the smaller Voodoo grinds based on the idle quality. This shop is "somewhat" local to me and I'm told he is a great guy-very friendly. I like some of the things he has going on with his dyno and I believe his dyno is a real honest one. Gotta stop in one day-he is after all a Mopar guy. J.Rob

Close to my build. 360 .040" over. 340 J heads. Factory 340 4bbl 4 spd cam. 345 hp and 420 ft/lbs at the rear wheels. Love it!

-
Back