Very quiet now - doors and floor Dynamat'd

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I needed to change the lock cylinder in my passenger door. While I had the panel off I decided to Dynamat the doors at the same time. I had just done the floor a few days ago. What a huge difference the doors made. I can talk at a normal tone of voice while driving now. I don't think I am going to put off doing the trunk now. I am going to do the rear side panels as well. The difference is amazing. I also found the original color of the car while I was at it - it was red.
View attachment Door dynamat.jpg
View attachment Dynamat 2.jpg

Wait and see the difference again when you do the trunk! Do the trunk lid while you are at it, big difference. Of course do sides and floor of the trunk. If you ever have your hood liner out do the roof. Not only cuts down sound but heat as well.

Good luck, Marty

The trunk lid is planned as well. I am installing a Go Wing this week and will do it after the cutting is done. My major issue is I have a drop down opening into the trunk. I am considering taking it off and removing the carpet, Dynamating it and recarpeting the whole thing.

How much of that stuff is needed to cover most of the car ??I know it's not cheap, I want to do my floors doors and trunk how many sq. ft?

How much of that stuff is needed to cover most of the car ??I know it's not cheap, I want to do my floors doors and trunk how many sq. ft?

I bought two boxes of Dynamat Extreme. Each box has 9 sheets of 18" X 32" Dynamat. I used about 11 sheets on the floor and three for the doors. I'm going to buy one more box for the trunk and rear panels. Best deal I found so far is here. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dynamat-10455-Xtreme-Bulk-Sheets/dp/B00020CB2S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335162167&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Dynamat 10455 Xtreme Bulk Pack 9 Sheets: Automotive[/ame]

Looks good.
Will the stuff peel away and re adhere if another repair is needed inside the door ?
Could it be stuck to the door panels instead ?

Sweet thanks that's some expensive stuff there but I bet it's worth it, I have a 410stroker in mine with 3 in exhaust and radio up loud is hard to hear let alone tryin to talk to a passenger but I may do this, also di you leave it cover the whole door or did you eventually cut out those holes behind the door panel??

Wow, beautiful job. Getting ready to do the same to my 71 Charger.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you put the material on the doors upside down (notice the printing) - LOL!

MA Snart

You leave the holes covered to block out noise and vibration. It is so quiet I can have the radio turned way down and hear it. If my wife ever consented to go for a ride, I would be able to talk to her in a normal voice. I bought another box for the trunk. Go Wing on Wednesday and Dynamat as soon as it gets here.

-
Back