Very upset

-

bignasty123

Reaction score
Well all the tracks so cal are closing so I guess we have to go back to the old arm dropping days because where are we gonna test and tune anymore?

Haha they did that to are track here .. then guess what the street racing went up .. then the track reopened haha give it time

Haha they did that to are track here .. then guess what the street racing went up .. then the track reopened haha give it time
Yah we got 1 and only 1 for allll of New England and its in my state and god it better not close, but they will reopen after the street racing causes to much problem.

Yeah, it dried up here for a few years, then they opened up the Joliet track.

Around me the biggest threat to our track (besides politicians who also develop housing subdivisions next to it) are tornados. We have storms around it (and my place) today. Gonna be a long night.

I REALLY have to give Spokane County credit. When the infamous Orville Moe went bust, Spokane County took up the cause. Even after one "operator" THEN also went broke, they weathered the storm. I have not heard lately, but it sounds like they plan to open this spring. Of course it's not just a drag strip. They have a RR course, and use the property for training law enforcement.

I REALLY have to give Spokane County credit. When the infamous Orville Moe went bust, Spokane County took up the cause. Even after one "operator" THEN also went broke, they weathered the storm. I have not heard lately, but it sounds like they plan to open this spring. Of course it's not just a drag strip. They have a RR course, and use the property for training law enforcement.
There is more events scheduled for this year than last, last I checked there is going to be a Nostalgia Fueler event during the summer. From what I read the guy that was was here last year, he manged Firebird in AZ, is no longer. There is now someone from Spokane Valley as the other manager. I am hoping to get my car on the trailer and take it to there chassis certification day in March......want to make sure it passes before the car goes back to AZ....

Street racing isn't like it used to be, its too easy to lose your drivers license now. Then your off the road for good all of the time.

Video cameras and tougher laws make it easier to catch your butt.

Maybe a few states are still OK but many aren't !

I think its total bs, we got places here just sitting vacant that nobody wants, like the old fair grounds in Detroit near 8 mile rd. That place would be a hit, great location and no real family homes around-just strip clubs and plain old bars. But no, the city-most cities would rather it just sit vacant and then want to jail your *** if you still want your hot rod car.

They have racing mufflers now, the noise can be at a decent level, those city buses and trucks they use aren't like so quiet either.

No, go see a movie and sit still for 3 hours, forget drives inns, they don;t want those--get out of your car and forget about it

UGH

Sorry to hear about Socal. Guess that's one place I"m not moving!

Nearest quarter mile to me is about 100 miles, so I guess that makes me "lucky" compared to some.

It is ridiculous. There was an AFB about 20 minutes from here with mile long concrete runways that someone wanted to turn into a drag strip. The city said "NO WAY" we don't want "that element" in our town. Then they turned it into a halfway house. No kidding.

There was a closed airport about 15 miles further up the road in a little town that DOES have a street racing problem, but they turned up their noses too. Place is still sitting empty 15 years later.

ONe of these days I'll wise up and move to Texas.

Yeah, it dried up here for a few years, then they opened up the Joliet track.

Got that right krazy...sure is a lot more convenient for us Chicagoland folks than Union Grove or Byron. Also great that they now have test n tunes on Friday Nights/Saturday instead of Tuesdays. We're pretty lucky.

Pat

LXguy don't get in too big of a hurry to move to Texas, they just shut down 2 1/4 mile tracks here. One was about 8 years old, the other was just 2 years old...

the only problem with moving to North Carolina for drag strips is, well, you'd have to live in North Carolina! :evil2:

You know what a flash mob is? I'm thinking we need to start holding "drag mobs"...

Yah we got 1 and only 1 for allll of New England and its in my state and god it better not close, but they will reopen after the street racing causes to much problem.

I know it's a ride, isn't Oxford Dragway in Maine still open? Used to go there as a kid.

i live in wilmington ca about 1/4 mile from the old lions drag strip and that closed before i was born ...for most of my childhood there was and wasint terminal island (LOL) which is 4 miles away and now hopefully irwindale opens back up thats about the only track ive been to....FML

They just closed KCIR here in Kansas City! I wonder how long its gonna take them to regret that!?

****. i didnt know they closed the one in kc. me and a few of the boys were talking about heading up there. looks like we still have rogersville though.-

We are in good shape in the Dallas / Ft Worth area. Three 1/8 mile tracks and one 1/4 mile. Another 1/4 mile track is closed.....

Well all the tracks so cal are closing so I guess we have to go back to the old arm dropping days because where are we gonna test and tune anymore?

I believe we might be heading to a place where there is nothing to "test and tune". The environmentalists are winning the battle with their global warming scam, and the local and state governments, spearheaded by the Federal government are slowly but "progressively" moving to a point where the 25 years rule will come into effect state by state, and eventually becoming a federal law.

Sounds like I'm talking out of my ***, but with the whole "green" movement, we will get to a point were any vehicle that does not have "accepted" pollution controls will no longer be allowed to be registered, and probably not even insured for street use. Or, it will become so expensive that a vast majority of us will not be able to afford registration and insurance for a classic or antique car.

Couple that with the Barrett-Jackson/eBay mentality of many classic car buyers (highest bidder), and you can easily see where the hobby is headed.
Racing at the local lever will be all but non-existent, Street rides older than 20-25 years will be saved for the occasional parade, and the collector car hobby will be relegated to visits to your local museum.

Sounds far fetched, doesn't it? Keep "minding your own business", Keep "staying out of your local and state politics", or continue to support the wrong politicians and bills, and see what happens to a wonderful hobby, that tree huggers, environmentalists, and Sierra Club members keep putting their money down to limit or end, altogether.

You don't believe your vote matters? Well, then the "otherside" has done their job.

I believe we might be heading to a place where there is nothing to "test and tune". The environmentalists are winning the battle with their global warming scam, and the local and state governments, spearheaded by the Federal government are slowly but "progressively" moving to a point where the 25 years rule will come into effect state by state, and eventually becoming a federal law.

Sounds like I'm talking out of my ***, but with the whole "green" movement, we will get to a point were any vehicle that does not have "accepted" pollution controls will no longer be allowed to be registered, and probably not even insured for street use. Or, it will become so expensive that a vast majority of us will not be able to afford registration and insurance for a classic or antique car.

Couple that with the Barrett-Jackson/eBay mentality of many classic car buyers (highest bidder), and you can easily see where the hobby is headed.
Racing at the local lever will be all but non-existent, Street rides older than 20-25 years will be saved for the occasional parade, and the collector car hobby will be relegated to visits to your local museum.

Sounds far fetched, doesn't it? Keep "minding your own business", Keep "staying out of your local and state politics", or continue to support the wrong politicians and bills, and see what happens to a wonderful hobby, that tree huggers, environmentalists, and Sierra Club members keep putting their money down to limit or end, altogether.

You don't believe your vote matters? Well, then the "otherside" has done their job.

Don't think it could of been said any better........

-
Back