vibration update....yoke condition

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
got the driveshaft out....here's the yoke. Why did this happen???
The yoke is 1.680", and it is 1.674 at the worst part.

I still have to take the tailshaft housing off, because I got a new bushing, but I still need to find the cause.

Slip_Yoke_001.jpg

Slip_Yoke_002.jpg

OK...
got the housing off....the bushing is definitely worn, but i can't see any other obvious things wrong. i put the housing over the yoke, without the output shaft being there, and there is 1/4" side-to-side play at the yoke ears.
NOW....
judging by this, is my previous assumption correct? that the extra ride height (the vibration wasn't there until i put on the S/S springs) caused the yoke to have more side load on it. So i could drive it, and it would be smooth, and then a bump or other disturbance would get the yoke cocked, causing the vibration, and the wear on the yoke, since it's only on one side.

also.....what would you say about me reusing this yoke? It's a 1350 yoke, and I'd HATE to have to buy another...this one's brand new.

i didn't see any cap cracks or dings in the driveshaft. the balance weight is still on it. it's welded on QUITE securely. the shaft builder DEFINITELY did a good job on the shaft. it's even clearcoated

It's a Mancini 1350 piece, which is made by some company in Iowa, i think.

-
Back