Victor intake / Factory Hood Clearance

-

Mopar-N

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone on the board is running a 440 with a Edelbrock Victor intake manifold, was just wondering how everything fits underneath factory hood.

I don't have any experience with that particular manifold, but I would think you'd have clearance problems. It's a very tall piece. You'll likely need a scoop.

Again, this is just speculation. Someone else may be able to prove me wrong.

I don't have any experience with that particular manifold, but I would think you'd have clearance problems. It's a very tall piece. You'll likely need a scoop.

Again, this is just speculation. Someone else may be able to prove me wrong.

I figured it may cause problems since the intake height is right around 6"., was just hoping someone could chime in that is actually running one to verify.

Yeah, I saw no one else posted, so I decided to throw my two cents into the pot. Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

If you look at a Edelbrock catalog they give heights. See how it compares to a performer rpm. I have one on my duster (on a 383) and it MIGHT fit with a drop base air cleaner. A 440 is taller than a 383 though, I think.

You might get by with an inverted (drop down) air cleaner and a 2 inch tall filter element but you're going to be real close and the 440 is not going to breath very well.

Terry

-
Back