Video: 408 Duster Accelerate with 02 Sensors (pre-tunning)

-

dust

B5PistolGrip.com
Reaction score
Newly installed Innovate Motorsports 3891 DLG-1 Dual Lambda O2 Gauge in my 408 Duster. Notice the lean conditions and the vacuum gauge.

A wideband was the best thing I've done next to the 408 upgrade. Where are your sensors? I like the dual readout, mine is just a single after the right collector before my X-pipe. Looks like going up a couple jet sizes would be beneficial.

Installed on the collectors, three quarters the way down:

Very happy to have these providing objective tuning data!

Uploaded a cruising video:

Nice to have the dual setup.....It was hard for me to see, especially when accelerating and the camera was jerking around, but I never saw it go much beyond 15. What was the general AFR range under hard acceleration?

For normal light to moderate cruise, like your 60 mph cruise video, I am working to the 15.5 +/- range, I won't worry with up to 16 in these conditions. (340, 10:1 SCR).

SAFR - Standalone Air Fuel Ratio Diagnostic Tool

I'm going to try to enrich the acceleration and cruise AFR by changing the Metering rod and step up spring. My aim now is to get 13.5 cruise and ~13 on acceleration. Below are the measures I read from the videos.

Baseline A/F
Idle: 12.6-13
Acceleration: 14-15
Hard Acceleration: 15-16
Cruise at 2500: 14
Cruise at 3000: 14
High RPM (5k): 15 (on accel)
WOT: not tested

You need up both primary and secondary POWER fueling from what the numbers appear to show. If it's cruising at 14, you can actually lean it down a bit if you want. Depends on how the engine react.

13.0 is usually fairly lean for hard accel and WOT. Light accel is usually lean up where they are, BUT, can be doable as long as you don't experience detonation.

I'll guess and ede carb. Use the chart they have in the tuning guide and fatten up the power mode.

I have a spreadsheet that can help when the ede chart falls a bit short.

Last edited:
-
Back